According to 9to5mac, a fourth generation iPad sporting 128GB of storage might be on the way sooner than we think. 9to5mac gained the incite from some unleveled sources saying there will be a new SKU added to the iPad 4 line.
Here is what we do know:
- It is a fourth-generation iPad, not a new design.
- It comes in both the current black and white color options.
- It comes in both WiFi-only and WiFi + Cellular versions.
- It is a more premium SKU that will join the current line of 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB fourth-generation iPads.
- 10-pack deals (in both colors) for educational institutions will be offered.
Although 128GB is a a huge amount of storage on a mobile device, I cant help but wonder if this freedom of space is still a big deal to most. With cloud storage in full swing, media solutions available via streaming or subscription models, is the average user going to use anything close to 128GB? And more importantly, will they be willing to pay the premium?