I have been waiting for Microsoft’s Windows Phone 7 to launch for what seems like ages. The moment they unveiled the new platform I was “All In.” I didn’t know that what was looking for out of a phone was a great experience that was not the same “Lets out-Apple, Apple” mentality other OS’s couldn’t resist from attempting.
Lets start with how I use my current Touch Pro 2 daily. Three main areas of usage emerge as I observed my phone usage: (1) Twitter (2) Text (3) Audio & Video playback (4) OneNote (5) Info at a Glance (6) Facebook (7) Web Browsing.
Xbox Live will so dramatically improve the gaming experience for me its deserving of an article by itself. Due to the abundance of Xbox Live is Awesome articles I’ll save you guys the trouble of reading another one for now. Oh and another thing, Windows Phone 7 will make me even more cool as I rock out m favorite tunes with the kickstand my Surround will be blasting out.
(1) Twitter-I am constantly looking at my HTC Peep twitter client to keep up with the latest tech news. Never thought I’d have use for twitter but now its a must have. Windows Phone 7 will allow me to integrate Twitter into other apps that I’m looking forward to having with better integration such as Seesmic.
(2) Text-The virtual keyboard on my TP2 is horrible. I keep hitting letters immediately to the right of the letter I’m attempting to type despite taking extra care to hit the right one. Thank God for my physical keyboard that usually saves me from throwing the phone against the wall.
(3) Audio & Video Playback-I’m currently using Kinoma Freeplay for my needs. Zune is so much better its not even funny. Having the ability to stream using the Zune pass is a huge plus for me. My wife is a ballet and contemporary jazz dance instructor and we’re constantly listening to music from all genres. Almost always using my Wi-Fi collection (I’m either at home, at school or at work) since all the places I am at have Wi-Fi access. For video I already have people wanting to use my Touch Pro 2 to watch my movies & tv shows I have on my phone. Combining Zune, Shazam, and YouTube will give me a great way to enhance that.
(4) OneNote-I’ve been using OneNote since June. It is part of my preparation for Windows Phone 7. The online integration is great since it’ll allow me to sync my notes to the cloud. I take notes for class discussions, product/service ideas, grocery lists, you name it.
(5) Info at a Glance-I always check my phone for the time, upcoming appointments/tasks, and occasionally the date. The Windows Phone 7 lock screen provides me with all this. My current phone only provides me with the time and date.
(6) Facebook-Has anyone ever tried using the Facebook app for Windows Mobile 6.5? I keep refreshing the status updates and news feeds only for it to display the same or very old information. Now with Windows Phone 7 I’ll be able to see the newest pics my wife posts and all the reactions of the people I care about with ease. Actually be able to post my pics with ease too.
(7) Web browsing-Currently despise IE mobile and use Opera for my web browsing experience. The tabs are a great feature and the new IE mobile has the ability to open multiple pages which is quite nice. The speed tests and browser comparisons reveal the experience should at least be in the same ballpark as other popular mobile browsers.
So those are my 7 Ways Windows Phone Will Improve My Mobile Life. Maybe these things coincide with your own reasons you are looking forward to Windows Phone 7, maybe not. Either way let me know what you think in the comments.