Ok, so I have spent the past two days playing with my new Surround and learning everything I can about it. Really not too much to figure out but I like to immerse myself in new things. The beauty of WP is that there is really very little you can do or change to personalize the phone. Microsoft has already done most of the heavy lifting. Downloaded about 40 apps/games so far and aside from a couple app solutions I am still looking into I am just about ready to power down my Tilt2 for the last time.
The one thing that is holding me back is the lack of a good Task/ToDo app for my phone. Microsoft chose to skip over this important functionality for reasons I will never know, even though Windows Live does have something called ToDo’s. I have tried the 5 or 6 Task apps available on the Marketplace, and am currently trialing one and testing another, but they all do about the same thing and lack critical functionality. As I am already using a 3rd party app with a live tile (Weatherbug) and saw at least one other app that included alerts/alarms, I am hoping that my request for a good Task/ToDo app can be fulfilled.
What I am looking for on a Task/ToDo app:
- Task subject – (already implemented)
- Due Date – (already implement nicely)
- Due Time – (optional, but already implemented)
- Description – (already implemented)
- Category – (optional, but already implemented)
- Priority, like 1,2 3 – (optional)
- Sorting by Due Date / Priority – (required)
- Past Due Change Status (to red) – (required)
- Completed Toggle – (already implemented)
- Reminder Alert – Day/Time (required – not yet implemented)
- Recurrence Function – (required – not yet implemented)
- Live Tile w/ # Due & # Past Due (in red), like Tasks 2 / 1 – (required – not yet implemented)
- Any other bells or whistles
- No syncing w/ Outlook / Windows Live required, but that would be really slick
My current workaround is to set an alarm to remind me to check the Task app at a certain time each day. I can get by without recurrence by resetting the task once completed. Sloppy but it works. I can sometimes go several days without needing to check Tasks, so a forced check is like crying wolf. It gets old fast. I sometimes set tasks a month or two out and can’t possibly remember them all. I don’t want to clutter up my calendar with tasks, and what happens when I don’t complete them on the scheduled appointment date (vanishing task).
So, I have a crisp $50 US for the first Task/ToDo app that meets the above required specifications. And if it looks/works really well, expect a bonus. Anyone want to add to the bounty or maybe there is a developer out there with some free time. I am going to double post this thread in our Forums (Windows Phone /Software) to give the offer as much exposure as possible. Happy hunting.