Ok, this is neat and all but it’s basically just a router it seems. I think most of us all have wireless routers at home so I’m not sure the actual use of this thing. The idea is that it adds wireless to any network quickly and easily, so I guess it could be useful but where isn’t there wireless really? It also has the ability to extend your existing wireless network, so I guess that’s a much better use for home users. The DIR-505 does have a USB port in it for sharing and you can grab apps for iOS and Android. Price is $75 and it will be available for purchase in April.
Smaller than a standard mouse, the new All-in-One Mobile Companion offers instant Wi-Fi coupled with a range of useful features designed for today’s mobile professional. Easy one-touch Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) ensures users are up and running quickly, and the free SharePort Cloud app for both Android and iOS devices offers access to videos, music and photos from anywhere. The All-in-One Mobile Companion features a USB port for sharing content from a USB storage device or charging smartphones, as well as an Ethernet Port that enables users to easily connect to an existing network in a conference room or hotel room.
More about the D-Link All-in-One Mobile Companion (DIR-505)
The All-in-One Mobile Companion offers a range of features in an affordable, compact device:
- USB Port for seamlessly viewing and synchronizing videos, music, photos, and more from a connected USB storage device to any iOS or Android tablet, smartphone or computer browser
- Free iOS and Android apps for tablets and smartphones
- Wireless N150 travel router
- Ability to act as an Access Point to wirelessly extend an existing network
- 10/100 Ethernet Port
- Built in AC plug for easy traveling and use – no additional cables or power adapters required
- USB Port for charging a smartphone device (when not used with a USB storage device)
D-Link’s All-in-One Mobile Companion (DIR-505) will be displayed at the 2012 International CES, Jan. 10-13, 2012 in Las Vegas, Nev. For more information and detailed specs, visit www.dlink.com.
Availability and Pricing
The All-in-One Mobile Companion DIR-505 will be available in April for less than $75 throughout D-Link’s network of U.S. e-tail and retail outlets and at the company’s online store.