I normally don’t post these as it’s usually some goofy game or something like that, but today the Amazon Appstore has one that’s totally worthwhile and it’s Splashtop Remote Desktop for your Android device. If you need access to your desktop while you’re away, then this is the program to get. It’s normally $4.99 but today it’s free of course, so go grab it now!
You’re out and about with your Android device and you suddenly realize that you need to access a file sitting on your home computer. You’re stuck, right? Not if you have Splashtop Remote Desktop, an app that brings your entire computer to your phone or tablet.
Note: If you have an Android 3.x tablet, it is recommended that you download Splashtop Remote Desktop HD. This version features enhanced performance and is optimized specifically for Android 3.x/Tegra-based tablets.
Do It All, Wherever You Are
With Splashtop Remote Desktop you can:
• Watch Flash videos (Hulu, AOL Video, Yahoo Video, etc.), DVDs, and Media Center content
• Listen to music stored on your computer in any format (WMV, Real, WMA, MP3, AAC, etc.)
• Play 3D games such as World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Civilization V, and more
• Play Facebook Flash games like FarmVille, CityVille, Pet Society, Cafe World, FrontierVille, and Mafia Wars
• Use non-Android programs such as Quicken and iPhoto
Note that to use this app, you must also install Splashtop Streamer on your home computer; this can be downloaded free from Splashtop’s website. A dual-core CPU is strongly recommended for the best performance. Splashtop Remote Desktop works only devices running Android OS 2.2 or higher. It supports all versions of Windows 7, Vista, and XP, including Home Premium. Mac users must have at least Snow Leopard (10.6).