This app is kind of neat but my kids don’t have phones, and personally I don’t think any young children should have them either as they’re not exactly responsible. Anyway, it’s an app that installs on both yours and your child’s phone that helps you keep track of them via GPS. The app isn’t just for Halloween of course, it can be used anytime and anywhere.
Iconosys, Inc., a leading mobile safety Smartphone application developer, furthers its commitment to protecting children with today’s release of the Halloween-themed hit Trick or Tracker®. This upgrade of Trick or Tracker® 2.0 now includes Iconosys’ Guards Up™ geo-fence technology and Latchkey Kid™ technology – as well as other enhanced Iconosys’ technologies — built right into the child’s phone.
The updated Trick or Tracker® app can ease the stress of knowing exactly where your children are. Now that many, if not most, pre-teen and teen children carry phones, many of the circumstances that make them vulnerable when out of their parents’ or guardians’ sight can now be lessened with the safety-oriented appTrick or Tracker® from Iconosys.
This updated app allows the parent/guardian to keep track of their little ghouls and goblins on children’s second most beloved holiday, Halloween, and during the rest of the year as well! Trick or Tracker®, which utilizes Iconosys’ Guards Up™ , Latchkey Kid™ and Tether Together™, installs on both the parent’s phone and the child’s phone, allowing the parent to find the child either on demand or at pre-set check-in intervals, and allowing the children to locate the parent or to send a distress message to the parent in a time of need, notifying the parent with the child’s exact physical location.
Often parents end up going to parties or visiting with the neighbors on this ghoulish night. Parents can be comforted further, to be notified with Latchkey Kid™ when their children return home from trick or treating with a text message and GPS clickable map of their location once they arrive. Guards Up™ further notifies Mom or Dad if the child travels outside an allowable perimeter.
Wayne Irving II, inventor of the Trick or Tracker® app and CEO and Founder of Iconosys, “Kids are highly vulnerable even in large groups when they trick-or-treat.” Irving went on to observe, “It’s nighttime, kids are going door-to-door taking gifts from mostly people they don’t know, they are in costume/disguised, and their parents may be miles away. Trick or Tracker® can help give parents peace of mind without sacrificing any of the Halloween holiday fun.”
Trick or Tracker® Bi-Directional Family Locator Features Include:
- With the app, parents can locate their trick-or-treater with the touch of a single button on their Smartphone for ultimate convenience.
- The App installs easily on both the parent’s phone and the child’s own phone (note — if the child is too young to use a Smartphone, Iconosys believes that they are probably too young to trick-or-treat without being accompanied by a parent or guardian in any event).
- Using Iconosys’ Tether Together™ technology, the app triggers a message to be sent to the child’s phone with the help of a special secret pin; the pin is picked up by the child’s phone, engages the child’s phone to collect GPS coordinates and responds to the parent with the exact physical location of the child.
- The child’s phone has special “Where Am I?”, “Send Location”, and “Where’s My Parent?” buttons, and the parent’s phone has a corresponding “Where’s My Child?” button.
- Trick or Tracker® can also be programmed to automatically send out updates of physical locations, in pre-set intervals, from the child’s phone to the parent’s phone. Additionally, the parent can set up their own “Geo-Fence” and “Location Triggers” to notify the parent if their child is traveling outside an allowable area, or has reached a pre-set destination, such as “home from school.”
- Only the child’s phone must be an Android OS phone. For the parent, any Google maps-loaded phone (including iPhone, Blackberry, or Windows Phone 7) will work using a simple manual process. However, for best results we recommend that both the parent and the child user should be on Android OS phones.
- The app also has a very handy flashlight feature that illuminates the phone screen, casting a ray of light on a child’s path and allowing them to travel more safely in the dark or into their treat bag as they sneak a quick treat along their journey. This flashlight feature is available in white, as well as in several glow-stick colors and patterns (orange, pink, blue, red, and green).
Trick or Tracker® is now available for download from the Android Market, at Iconosys.com, and at TrickOrTracker.com. The app costs $4.99 for a lifetime license, but on Halloween Day, it will be available fromwww.trickortracker.com for free from 8am EST until 11:59pm EST. It is available in English and Spanish.