I still can’t figure out why Apple had to go and change things like they did. I didn’t see anything wrong with the last connector, then I can’t see why Apple just didn’t use a common microUSB connector like everyone else?! Anyway, the Lightning connector is here to stay now and here comes the accessories equipped with it. Philips has just announced five different speaker docks, different uses and different sizes and styles and shapes.
Philips today launches a range of docking speakers with Apple’s new Lightning connector, making them compatible with Lightning enabled devices. This new range of docking speakers offers a superior sound performance in comparison to the analog processing technology common in current docking speakers.
The range includes two music systems, two docking speakers and a bedroom docking speaker that includes a clock display. These new docking speakers will be available in December.
- Philips Urban Micro System (DCM3155) – great sound and contemporary design for the modern home. Designed to fit anywhere, this fashionable and compact all-in-one audio system creates an immersive listening experience through its angled speakers. It features Apple’s new Lightning connector, CD player and FM radio, and provides 50W RMS of music power
- Philips Lifestyle Music System (DCM2067) – an elegant and slim design that looks good in any modern interior. As well as charging and playing music from Lightning enabled devices through its retractable Lightning dock; the system also includes a CD player and FM radio. Even with its slender footprint, the system delivers 20W RMS power to provide a great sound performance.
- Philips Portable Docking Speaker (DS7580) – slim and compact enough to fit in your bag, it features Philips’ wOOx technology that provides a rich and deep bass. Precise tuning between the speaker drivers ensures a smooth transition between low- to mid- and high-frequencies. With a built-in battery that lasts for approximately eight hours you can enjoy your music anywhere.
- Philips Room to Room Docking Speaker (DS3205) – incorporates high-quality neodymium speakers, which are great for better bass response and a pure balanced sound quality.
- Philips Bedroom Docking Speaker (DS1155) – has a 360-degree design, providing rich omnidirectional sound to fill your bedroom. The clock display of the docking speaker automatically synchronizes with the clock of your Apple device, and the speaker also includes a USB port at the back of the speaker allowing users to easily charge a second mobile device.
This company’s web site http://www.philips.com/