There has been a lot of talk about iOS 5 opening up the file system on iPhones and iPads but as of now, it is all locked up by Apple. If you are looking for a solution to manage your files, backup, sync, and share those files. Then check out SugarSync’s new app:
Sending large files from your iPhone or iPad – now you can generate SugarSync links w/in the mobile app, to send files without bulky attachments. Easily copy these links to send via any external program (email, Facebook, Twitter)
Sharing multiple files and folders at once — Just like on your PC, SugarSync’s iOS app now lets you select as many files/folders as you want all at once, so you can share more, quicker
Integration with your contacts – SugarSync’s new app now integrates with your contact list on your phone for quicker, easier sharing via your native email client
Manage your files/folders on the go — You can now organize, move and delete your folders from the app, giving you the ability to manage files and folders on the go
And more: the new app also enables users to stream music continuously, so even when you leave the app, so you can still enjoy all your favorite music from the cloud while you multi-task; it’s easier to get photos from other computers/devices onto your iOS device, and easier to earn more free storage from inside the app.
SugarSync Introduces New iPhone and iPad App to Enable Even Greater Productivity from Mobile Devices
Company Updates iOS App for More Powerful File/Folder Sharing and Management; Enhances Music Streaming and Photo Sharing/Management
SAN MATEO, CALIF., March 28, 2011 – SugarSync Inc., makers of the award-winning SugarSync online file backup, access and sharing service, today announced it has updated its popular SugarSync for iOS app. The new app provides iPhone, iPad/iPad 2, and iPod Touch users with even greater access, control and sharing of files and folders, enabling increased productivity by allowing users to do many tasks that before could only be done on computers.
Making iPhone and iPad Productivity More Powerful
The existing functionality of the SugarSync Personal Cloud overcomes the difficulty of getting files and folders onto any mobile device, enabling users to access their data anywhere, anytime. Users can easily access and edit their documents on the go through existing integration with popular mobile suite solutions like QuickOffice, Documents to Go, GoodReader, and more.
With today’s update, SugarSync introduces several new features to make productivity of the personal cloud even greater and simpler, including:
· Sending files from your smartphone – Have you ever tried to send a file as an attachment from your smartphone? If so, you know that most of the time it is easier to simply wait until you’re back at your computer. Now you can simply select “Copy Link to Clipboard” from any file to easily copy and share the file link via another application (email, Facebook, Twitter, etc.). Rather than an attachment, the recipient merely clicks the link, and the file begins to download.
· Sharing multiple files or folders at once – On your computer, you can easily select multiple files and folders at once for easy sharing. SugarSync now allows you to select multiple files and folders to share at the same time from within the mobile app.
· Managing files and folders on the go – You’re used to being able to organize and manage your files and folders on your computer. Why not on the go? SugarSync for iOS now lets you copy, move and even delete files or folders, making the mobile app experience more similar to that of the desktop or Web client experience. It’s like having a remote control for your computers via the cloud.
· Share using the native address book on your mobile device – When sharing a file from your computer, you can simply select an email address from your contacts. To make sharing of files and folders even easier from your mobile device, SugarSync now enables you to share to contacts in your address book via the native email client on your device.
· Mobile experience with greater performance – SugarSync has greatly improved both the performance and stability of the mobile app, making it even quicker and easier to access and share your files on the go.
“The SugarSync Personal Cloud continues to help users make their mobile devices – especially tablets like the iPad 2 – even more productive. The mobile devices that we carry today have so much potential, and we constantly strive to leverage their capabilities to provide an even more powerful mobile experience to our users,” said Laura Yecies, CEO of SugarSync. “With our new iOS app, we’ve made it even easier for users to manage and share their files and folders and interact with their media from their Apple iOS mobile devices.”
Powerful Productivity Just Got More Fun
SugarSync isn’t “all work, all the time.” SugarSync is also about fun – like the ability to access and stream your music to your mobile devices, have better control over photos, and to more easily earn lots of free space.
Streaming music as you multi-task – Previously, users could only stream music to their iOS devices while in the SugarSync app. With this new update, users can now stream music to their iOS devices persistently, enabling them to continue to play streamed music through SugarSync while they multi-task and use other apps.
Easily get your photos onto your mobile device – Sharing photos from your device continues to be easy, and is made even simpler by being able to share with your contacts via your device’s native email. But what about getting photos from the cloud ON to your device? With the new SugarSync for iOS app, you can easily save your photos from any computer directly to your device, making it easier to utilize your photos from within the large amount of photo editing and sharing apps available on iOS devices.
Earn More Free Space, From Anywhere – With the updated app, SugarSync has added in-app referral capabilities to make it easier for users to refer SugarSync to others and earn more free storage. For every person you refer who signs up for a free account, you each get 500MB of free storage. And for every person you refer who signs up for a paid account, you both earn 10GB of free storage!
Availability & Pricing
The free SugarSync for iOS app is available now and can be downloaded online at https://www.sugarsync.com/downloads/index.html#mobile or in the iTunes App Store at http://itunes.apple.com/app/sugarsync/id288491637?mt=8. SugarSync offers a free 5GB version of the full service, with 30 GB plans starting from $4.99/month. To learn more about SugarSync’s Personal Cloud plans, please visit our pricing plan page.
SugarSync is a leading provider of Personal Cloud services that enable users to access ALL of their data, anytime, anywhere, and from any device. SugarSync enables mobile consumers and professionals to backup, sync, access and share all their files on-the-go, instantly and securely from any Mac, PC, or mobile device (including iOS, Android, Blackberry, Symbian and Windows Mobile devices). SugarSync users can sync files in ANY folder and access and share those files via the cloud, providing a Personal Cloud service that matches the way people currently organize their folders and manage their digital lives. SugarSync’s file sharing and collaboration tools also allow users to share any folder or file with a simple URL via social networks, email, instant messaging and more. SugarSync was recently a finalist in the 2010 Mashable Awards for “Best Mobile User Experience.”