Verizon has just announced at the Consumer Electronic Show the addition of a new mobile hotspot called the Jetpack . The Verizon Jetpack Mi-Fi 4620L is a global ready intelligent mobile hotspot that will allow the user to connect up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices. The Jetpack provides global support allowing consumers to stay connected while traveling abroad, supporting Quad Band EDGE and HSPA technology.
The Verizon Jetpack – MiFi 4620L creates a personal Wi-Fi cloud, capable of sharing high-speed 4G LTE and 3G Mobile Broadband Internet connectivity with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices simultaneously. The Jetpack supports the latest security requirements, complying with the strictest corporate VPNs, including VPN pass-through and NAT firewall. It includes new features such as an interactive OLED display, allowing customers to scroll through menu options, check security settings, view battery life and manage connected devices at any given time.
Verizon will launch the Jetpack in the coming weeks and allow users to connect to the 4G LTE network for Ve3rizon that is now currently in over 190 markets.
- 4G LTE – Customers in the United States can expect fast download speeds of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband coverage areas
- Global Ready, allowing customers to enjoy wireless data service in more than 205 countries, including more than 125 with 3G speeds
- Support for up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Backward compatible with the Verizon Wireless 3G network
- Simple one-touch connectivity
- OLED display and multi-color LED status indicator
- Security: WEP/WPA/WPA2 and VPN pass-through support
- Supports Windows®, Macintosh®, Linux, and most other Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- No software installation required
- Advanced integrated antenna technology
- Wi-Fi Connectivity: 802.11b/g/n
- Dimensions: 3.76″ x 2.36″ x 0.53″
Head on over to the Verizon Mobile Hotspot and Mifi page for more information.