Carbonite, a leading provider of online backup, today introduced a new mobile application for BlackBerry Smartphone users that provides access to their backed up files anywhere, anytime directly on their BlackBerry phone.
Carbonite subscribers who download the Carbonite application for BlackBerry Smartphone’s will be able to access the following features:
- Browse: Carbonite customers can see files on their BlackBerry Smartphone arranged exactly as they are on their computer(s).
- View: File types including PDFs, images, audio and video files, Excel files and Word documents, can be downloaded and opened anywhere and at anytime on a BlackBerry Smartphone.
- Share: Files backed up with Carbonite can be attached and emailed easily from a BlackBerry Smartphone.
To learn more, Carbonite customers can visit carbonite.com/Blackberry from their computer or download the app at carbonite.com/blackberry from their BlackBerry Smartphone.
The introduction of the Carbonite application for BlackBerry smartphones is the latest in a series of mobile and remote product innovations from Carbonite to provide its customers with real-time access to their files. Carbonite provides customers with remote file access from any computer with an Internet connection through Carbonite Remote Access and released an application for iPhone(TM)/iPod touch® earlier this year. In addition to announcing an application for use with BlackBerry phones, Carbonite also is introducing an upgrade to its application for iPhone, version 1.1.
"We know our customers are constantly on-the-go and have found great value in quickly being able to access their files," said Carbonite CEO and co-founder David Friend. "Many Carbonite subscribers are small businesses who use the standard Carbonite product or Carbonite Pro, which we debuted earlier this year. Many of these business users rely on their BlackBerry smartphones and now will not only be able to access e-mail and the Web, but also all of their invaluable files they have backed up. The Carbonite application for BlackBerry smartphones continues our commitment to simplicity. With just a few clicks on their BlackBerry phone, a Carbonite subscriber can easily find an invoice from their computer and e-mail it to a customer or view photos they have backed up."
To read more jump after the break or head on over to Carbonite to check out the following apps:
Carbonite for BlackBerry
Carbonite for iPhone
The Carbonite application for BlackBerry smartphones supports BlackBerry smartphones running OS 4.6.1 and with a screen resolution of 240×320 and higher, including the following devices:
– BlackBerry Pearl(TM) Flip 8230 smartphone – BlackBerry Curve(TM) 8300 Series – BlackBerry Curve(TM) 8500 Series – BlackBerry Curve(TM) 8900 Series – BlackBerry Bold(TM) 9000 smartphone
– BlackBerry Tour(TM) 9600 seriesAs part of its on-going mobile access strategy, Carbonite also introduced the 1.1 version of the Carbonite for iPhone application. In addition to integrating feedback from application users, the new version provides support for Carbonite Pro customers and allows anyone to sign up for a free trial of Carbonite directly in the application.
Carbonite online backup installs with just a few clicks and runs quietly in the background, continually backing up the irreplaceable files on a computer. For $54.95 per year, Carbonite subscribers get unlimited backup space. For new customers interested in testing Carbonite’s award-winning online backup service, a free 15-day trial of Carbonite is available at www.carbonite.com.