Centipede: Origins Comes to iOS and Android
Wow, I remember playing Centipede in an actual arcade, yeah I’m that old. Anyway, you can now get Centipede: Origins on iOS and Android and I have to say it doesn’t look at all like the Centipede I remember, in fact it looks a lot better! Check out the screenshots and hit the link for whichever version you need…
Atari, one of the world’s most recognized publishers and developers of interactive entertainment, today announced the launch of Centipede®: Origins on the App Store and Google Play. Staying true to the classic arcade shooter Centipede, players will help their garden gnome repel an army of centipedes and other bugs to protect their garden at all costs. Available for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and a variety of Android smartphones and tablets, Centipede: Originswill be available for $0.99 with in-game purchases, using the following links:
- Link to iOS download: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id477148771
- Link to Android download: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.atari.Centipede
In this evolution of Centipede, players have all-new weapons and gadgets such as grenades and the memorable mushroom men at their disposal to exterminate the insect invaders. Using coins that may be acquired in-game or through purchase, weapons and gadgets can be fully upgraded for the gnomes to wield in the war against the swarm. Use the latest in technology to help the garden gnomes protect their world from centipedes and bugs!
Centipede: Originsfeatures include:
- Use three upgradeable weapons (with more to come!), like the Grenades and Boom Shot, that will lay waste to the onslaught of bugs and centipedes
- Use three upgradeable gadgets (with more to come!), like the Fly Trap and the Time Warp, to gain the upper hand in your battle to eliminate the insects
- Acquire coins through in-game accomplishments or via in-app purchase to upgrade weapons and gadgets and improve your battle capabilities
- Play through four different environments that unlock as players progress through the game
- Earn achievements, compete on leaderboards and share scores with friends via Twitter and Facebook
Yup – I played that in the arcade, and it was my mom’s favorite (mine was Battlezone). We even had the Centipede cartridge for the Vic20, and it was played using the paddles for Pong…
It was the first frantic game I played.
Good it’s back.
Another centipede I found , “100 feet” :