When you think of Android tablets, I’m sure Coby isn’t the first company that comes to mind. They’re hoping to change that though with the release of several new Android tablets that will all be running Ice Cream Sandwich and they’ll all be priced under $300. I think the market is just oversaturated with cheap Android tablets, but here’s hoping we can eventually find one that works and actually sticks around. Inexpensive is great but that doesn’t mean it’s worth it in the long run without the company to support it.
"Coby is thrilled to introduce to the industry and consumers nationwide our premiere range of feature-packed Android 4.0-powered Internet tablets," said Jodi Sally, Vice President of Marketing, Coby Electronics. "The extensive and affordably-priced tablet line further underscores Coby’s commitment to giving our customers the best possible user experience with access to the most in-demand digital entertainment through accessible and innovative CE gear."
Coby’s new Android 4.0 assortment includes:
- 7" MID7042 (16:9 aspect ratio, SRP $179)
- 8" MID8042 (4:3 aspect ratio, SRP $229)
- 9" MID9042 (16:10 aspect ratio, SRP $259)
- 9.7" MID9742 (4:3 aspect ratio, SRP $279)
- 10" MID1042 (16.9 aspect ratio, SRP $289)
- 10" MID1045 (16:10 aspect ratio, SRP $299)
With access to thousands of apps, the brand-new feature–filled tablets include:
- 1GHz Cortex A8 processor
- Lightning-fast wireless downloading with 802.11 b/g/n
- 1GB of RAM for seamless multi-tasking
- 8GB built-in storage on 9" and 10" models; 4GB built-in storage on 7" and 8" models
- All tablets have expandable storage memory up to 32GB
- Front-facing camera