Came a cross a cool little app that will make using your iPhone, iPod a better experience using Facebook. It’s called Facebook Messenger and it will allow you to better to connect to your contacts using VoIP phone calls, better chat functionality, and media sharing. It also has push notifications. The cost is $2.99 and is available at the App store.
Got a press release and a video to accompany the article for your reading and viewing pleasure. Enjoy:
- Chat with Facebook friends from your iPhone/iPod Touch
- Easy-to-use interface
- Get replies instantly with Apple Push Notifications
- Make free VoIP calls to Facebook friends on desktop or iPhone/iPod Touch
- Easily send photos from your album or camera
- Keep track of all your chats and calls with message history
- View your friend’s Wall in the embedded browser without leaving the app
Other cool features:
- Sound Notifications can be turned on or off
- Full Multi-tasking support
HONG KONG, Feb. 18, 2011 — CrispApp, a Hong Kong-based mobile application developer, today introduced Facebook Messenger, a voice chat application designed to extend Facebook’s communications functions for users on iPhone, iPod Touch or the Web. Starting today, the application is available on the Apple iTunes App Store for $2.99.
Built specifically to improve and expand the Facebook chat experience, Facebook Messenger allows users to call their Facebook friends for free, connecting millions of Facebook users through VoIP so they can easily talk to their Facebook friends, regardless of location. Additional features allow users to send pictures, browse message history, view a friend’s wall, use emoticons, receive instant replies with Apple push notifications, and setup sound notifications and multi-tasking support – all right from within the app.
"Facebook Messenger delivers a new dimension to the traditional Facebook experience, offering users an easy, direct and robust way to communicate while online, wherever they are," said Mac Goldberg, vice president, CrispApp. "And, future updates to the app, including video capabilities, will greatly enhance users’ interactions and social experiences."