For those of you keeping count, that is now UK, US and Canada! Shots fired at skype? Hmmmm, maybe not, but I’m sure someone some where is paying attention, especially given the relationship Microsoft has with Facebook. I can’t help but wonder what this is about. Any who, check out this detailed guide put together by imore:
The only problem is, Facebook hasn’t exactly made the calling process obvious. And in some cases, it’s downright cumbersome. Here’s how you do it…
- Download Facebook Messenger from the App Store
- Launch Facebook Messenger from your iPhone Home screen.
- If you already have a recent text message conversation going on with the person you want to call, tap it.
- If you don’t already have a recent text message conversation going on, tap the compose button at the bottom right. Then:
- Enter the name of the friend you want call.
- Tap on the friend they show up in the search results.
- Type a message to the friend.
- Tap Send to send the message.
- Tap on the Info button at the top right.
- Tap the Free Call button mid-screen left.
That’s it! Provided you’re both in the U.S. or Canada, and both on Wi-Fi, Facebook will connect your call.
Note: You have to have Facebook Messenger running, or have Push Notificationsenable to alert you to incoming calls, or you won’t know if or when a friend calls you.
If you get it working, or figure out any way to connect a call without jumping through the text messages hoop, let me know!