I think everyone knows Atari and Asteroids, even if you are young I’m sure you’ve heard of it. Now Atari has released a sequel to the original game called Asteroids Gunner and it’s free. It took them a while, since 1979, so get a sequel out so I’m hoping it’s decent, and even if it’s not it’s free!
Take on the role of the Gunner on a journey across the galaxies, blasting his way through deadly asteroid fields and alien fleets as he works his way to the top of the gritty crystal mining industry. With three different ships under his command and three dangerous galaxies with 150 total enemy waves to crush, players will have a literal and metaphorical blast as they gain rank promotions and collect cosmic crystals in order to buy upgrades that will transform their space crafts into undeniable asteroid-destroying machines.
• Three all-new galaxies to explore and conquer, with 150 waves of asteroids and alien warships to obliterate
• Dual-stick controls for firing and movement, perfect for non-stop blasting action
• Access to three unique space crafts to pilot: the Miner, the Bomber and the Dart
• Legions of power-ups and upgrades to customize your ship and turn it into an unstoppable force
• Earn Crystals and purchase Space Bucks to unlock new galaxies and powerful upgrades
• An extensive achievement system that lets you earn ranks… and bragging rights
• OpenFeint and Game Center integration
To download Asteroids: Gunner from the App Store, please use the following link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id474572720
Head over to the official Asteroids: Gunner Facebook page and “Like” it for future updates: www.facebook.com/AsteroidsGunner