So the Great Big War Game for iOS has been updated with nine new maps but that’s not exactly all of the news. The big news is that it’s available for PC on Steam now as well and it’s coming to Windows Phone and Microsoft Surface as well this fall. As of now you can play it on Android, iOS and Steam with the others coming this fall. Price is $2.99 on iOS and Android and $9.99 on Steam. It seems they’ve got all their bases covered…
Great Big War Game puts players in the shoes of the strong-willed sergeant Jenkins, as he attempts to defeat his enemy while keeping his troops out of harm’s way. Players will need to adapt their war strategies on the fly, as they attack enemies and take turns moving troops around a grid-based battlefield. With land, air, and sea units, each mission offers multiple ways to crush opponents and ensure victory. Great Big War Game utilizes asynchronous online multiplayer, so players can input moves on the go and continue battling at a later time. The game also includes a 50 level single-player campaign so players can hone their skills while waiting for online friends to counter-attack.
Great Big War Game features:
- Massive Campaign – 50 challenging single player missions start off simple and evolve into an all-out warzone
- Online, Asynchronous Multiplayer – Battle Android players from an iOS device or take on iPad players from an Android tablet… it all works seamlessly!
- Skirmish and Pass ‘n Play – Compete with friends locally on a single device, or against AI opponents on multiplayer maps
- Huge Variety of Units & Buildings – Grunts, tanks, snipers, flamethrowers, and bazooka infantry all mean business! Keep an eye out with scouts as team engineers capture enemy fortifications
- 70 Multiplayer Maps – Wide variety of levels keep every game fresh, with different strategies for hilly terrain, deep jungles, remote islands and more
- Customizable Armies – Manage in-game resources to suit any style of play; choose whether to chip away with a dozen grunts, or bet it all on a fearsome warship
- The Softer Side of War – Appropriate for all ages with silly characters, hilarious unit sounds and an overall “plastic toy soldier” vibe to keep the mood light, even when the action gets fierce
- Full Retina-enabled Graphics – Turn-based war battles have never looked so good
- Game Center Achievements – Show friends and enemies who’s boss with Game Center integration.