Its always good to know what the weather is where you are, and if you’re like me, you may have had problems with WeatherDBEditor and depending on the install time of day you needed to install either version 1.1, 1.2 or 1.1 modified. I could never figure out why I needed the different cabs especially when I never flashed my ROM and sometimes all I would do is change the theme and I couldn’t run the program that was installed or reinstall the same version, I’d have to switch to one of the other ones. But still WeatherDBEditor is a GREAT program but JoeWilcox over at XDA has come out with a more user friendly version he calls “HTC Weather Master”.
- Simplied interface making it easy to add US cities, World-wide cities and Countries…
- Cooked-In support that allows chefs to force it to load once after the customization reboot…
- Support for the backing up/restoring of your current cities to a storage card…
- Support for auto-loading of backed up cities upon clean install (when in Cooked-In mode)
One really great feature is that you don’t have to type in the whole code that you needed to before. So instead of “NAM|US|NY|Albany” you’d just have to type in “Albany”
- It also works for international countries, so have no fear Angola, you’re all set! Also a great feature is backing up the database so if you do lose your custom cities, you can just re-load the database from your backup!
Follow the progress over at XDA here or in our forums here.