If you are looking for more waterproof case options for your iPhone 3G, 3GS, or iPod 2nd or 3rd Generation devices, then check out the Magellan ToughCase. will not only protect your device up to one meter in water for 30 minutes, but it will also provide you with some extra 1840 mAh power to extend the iPhones power source, include a SiRFStarIII GPS Chipset to get you to where you need to be, and also give you all the access you need to the touch screen, hard buttons, and Audio Jack. This looks to be a great case that has everything but the kitchen sink included but comes at a pretty steep price tag of $180.00.
the Magellan ToughCase Features:
- Rugged and Waterproof:The ToughCase meets IPX-7 standards enabling the device to be submerged at a depth of 1-meter for up to 30 minutes.
- Extended Battery Capacity: The ToughCase includes an internal battery that charges your iPhone or iPod touch. The 1840 mAh battery will double your battery life based on normal operation.
- Built-in High Sensitivity GPS: The ToughCase has an integrated SiRFstarIII GPS chipset that improves reception accuracy to 3-5 meters or 10-15 feet leveraging SBAS systems, such as WAAS, EGNOS, and MSAS.
- Compatible with GPS and Location Based apps for iPhone or iPod touch:Choose from thousands of GPS, location based, and navigation apps available on iTunes, including the Magellan RoadMate App for iPhone or iPod touch.
- Compatible with all GPS and Location Based iPhone apps: Choose from thousands of GPS, location based, and navigation apps available on iTunes.
- Completely Interactive: Access to the touch screen, hard buttons, and audio jack. Continue to use your iPhone or iPod touch while it is protected from the elements.
Looks like the ToughCase only fits the iPhone 3G, 3GS, iPod 2nd and 3rd Generation Devices for now. We’ll keep you posted for future releases for the iPhone 4.
Head on over to Magellan for more information and to purchase the ToughCase.