Need More Space? Kingston Just Announced a 64gb microSDXC Card
I thought my 32gb microSD card was enough, but now I don’t think so, I think I need a 64gb card now, but I just have to check and see if my stuff is SDXC compatible. I’ve already blown through my 16gb on my Acer A500 and I sadly found that I can’t move to SD. I can actually now since I rooted it, but the point is if you don’t root then you can’t move your apps or install to SD. Anyway, if you need more space then check out the new Kingston 64gb microSDXC card for only $100.
– Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced a new 64GB Kingston®microSDXC Class 10 memory card. In the current age of smartphones and tablets, the need for more mobile data storage has become more important than ever. The Kingston microSDXC Class 10 card significantly improves consumer’s digital lifestyle by delivering higher storage speeds and capacities they need to get the most out of their electronic and mobile devices.
Available in 64GB capacity, microSDXC cards offer additional storage for more music, videos, pictures and games — more of everything the consumer needs in today’s mobile world. Fully compliant with the latest SD Association specification, Kingston’s micro Secure Digital eXtended Capacity (microSDXC) card operates on the exFAT file system, which is designed to handle extremely large volumes of data, such as files bigger than 4GB.
“The need for higher storage capacity is growing as consumers shoot more pictures and videos, and carry around more data,” said Andrew Ewing, Flash memory business manager, Kingston. “With our new 64GB Class 10 microSDXC card, we offer our customers a chance to fully maximize the performance and storage capabilities of their existing mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones, by providing them with a reliable and easy upgrade solution.”
For added reliability and durability, Kingston’s solid-state microSDXC memory cards are built of non-volatile memory components and have no moving parts that could wear out or break. Additionally, microSDXC cards offer a speed “class” rating known as Class 10* that delivers a 10MB/s minimum sustained transfer rate for optimum performance with microSDXC compatible devices.
All cards are 100-percent tested and are backed by a lifetime warranty as well as free live technical support. For more information, visit www.kingston.com.
Kingston is celebrating 25 years in the memory industry. The company was founded on October 17, 1987, and has grown to become the largest third-party memory manufacturer in the world. The 25th anniversary video can be found here as well as more information including a timeline of Kingston’s history.
Kingston’s microSDXC Class 10 Memory Cards Features and Specifications:
· Compliant: with the SD Card Association specification
· Versatile: when combined with the adapter, can be used as a full-size SDXC card
· Compatible: with SDXC host devices; SDXC cards are not compatible with microSD & microSDHC-enabled devices/readers
· Guaranteed: lifetime warranty, free technical support
· Capacities*: 64GB
· microSDXC Card Dimensions: 0.43″ x 0.59″ x 0.039″ (11mm x 15mm x 1mm)
· SD Adapter Dimensions: 0.94″ x 1.26″ x 0.08″ (24mm x 32mm x 2.1mm)
· High-Speed Class Rating: Class 10 – 10MB/s minimum data transfer rate
· Operating Temperature: -13°F to 185°F (-25°C to 85°C)
· Storage Temperature: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)