New Widget Based UI “FEWidgets Ultimate”
nicodega over at XDA has put together a quite nice widget based UI called FEWidgets Ultimate. This is a today plugin for Windows Mobile 6.1/6.5 devices (WM 5 and 6.0 are not supported) and is 100% native code (C++) using the Qt Framework for Windows CE and does not require Flash at all.
There are several CAB versions to suit your device needs: CAB for VGA/WVGA and a CAB for QVGA/WQVGA. nicodega has also released a User Manual, Developer Manual, and the Source Code (Most of the Sources are released under the Creative Commons license)
Here are some of the features:
– Haptic feedback. When clicking on widget buttons you’ll feel a small vibration.
– Multiple Layouts/Pages support (up to 4).
– Multiple Windows for each page with 0 loading time.
– Fullscreen Mode.
– Support for Landscape/Portrait modes.
– VGA/QVGA/WQVGA/WVGA support.
– Skinnable though XML files (or just modifying the images).
– Extensible though C++ plugins.
– Support for Acceleration/Light sensor on the engine. (not used right now by any Widget)
– Operator Name
– RSS Feed Reader
– Comming Appointments
– Contact widget
– Date widget
– Battery/Phone signal Strength indicator.
– S2P Player control.
– Analog Clock
– Diamond like Clock
– Background Image Changer
– Bluetooth State (Can turn on/off)
– Wi-Fi State (Can turn on/off)
– Quick Dial.
– Layout swapper.
– Locker (locks widget dragging)
– Calendar (when tapped will link to \Windows\Calendar.lnk)
– Shortcuts Widget. This widget allows creating shortcuts to exe/lnk files. You can drop the widget as many times as you want.
– Missed Calls. Shows the number of missed calls. When double tapped will take you to the missed calls log.
– Unread SMS. Shows the number of unread SMSs.
– Unread Mail. Shows the number of unread Mail on all accounts.
– Sound Profile changer. Lets you switch between On/Vibrate/Off modes.
– Weather. Shows you the weather for today. Current temperature and forecasted Min/Max for today.
– SMS information. Once you drop this widget once, if you remove it, it’ll spawn automatically the next time you have an SMS message on the same position you had placed it.
– Programs. Shows the contents of the Programs folder of the Start Menu on a kinetic scrolling list.
This is running quit nicely on my Fuze and it gets better and better as nicodega is quick to fix any reported bugs. Also, now that this is on my Fuze, what would be better than giving it my own little twist (Skin that is)… Check out my FEWidgets Ultimate Theme v1.0.0
Download the FEWidgets Ultimate UI here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=544874
Download the MobileMatt FEWUltimate Theme here: http://www.fuzeberry.com/FEWUltimateThemes.html
Be sure to thank nicodega for his hard work and donate a beer…