It seems that if you want the new Samsung Galaxy S6 active phone you’ll need to be on AT&T and they’re getting exclusivity according to this PR that just arrived in my email. Price will be $868 if you’re using the AT&T next plan which is ridiculous I think, but then again I guess that’s how much a phone costs these days right? Is it worth it? Not sure if it is. I think I already pay too much per month for my bill and they want me to pay even more with the AT&T Next plan. I looked and couldn’t find anything about buying the phone outright from Samsung so I’m not sure what it really costs… Full PR below for you if you’re interested..
For the third summer in a row, AT&T is bringing its customers the toughest and most advanced member of the Galaxy S family. The Samsung Galaxy S6 active – available only at AT&T2 – is designed with your active lifestyle in mind. It gives you the durability you want while boasting a sleek, lightweight design and all of the innovation the Galaxy S6 has to offer. Beginning on June 12, you can purchase the Galaxy S6 active on www.att.com or at AT&T stores in Camo White, Camo Blue, or Gray.
Galaxy S6 active Pricing
Well qualified customers can purchase the Samsung Galaxy S6 active for $0 down on AT&T Next for$23.17 with 30 device payments on NextSM 243, $28.96 per month at 24 payments on Next 18, or $34.75per month at 20 payments on Next 12.
Galaxy S6 active Promotions
For a limited time, customers can also enjoy a pair of deals when they purchase the Galaxy S6 active:
- Get the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 for free with a two year agreement.4
- The Samsung Wireless Charging Pad is available for 50 percent off with the purchase of the smartphone with Next or a two year agreement.5
Galaxy S6 active Features
Built to withstand whatever everyday life throws its way, the Samsung Galaxy S6 active has IP68 certified casing that is water resistant up to 1.5 meters for 30 minutes, shock resistant, and dust proof.6Whether you’re at the office working or outside exploring, the device’s high-power performance and innovation keep you connected, productive and entertained. Additional key features include:
- Display: The Galaxy S6 active has a 5.1-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED® display with 577ppi that automatically adapts to the content you’re viewing – even outdoors.
- Camera: With a double-tap of the home button, the 16MP rear-facing and 5MP front-facing cameras launch faster than ever. Auto-Real time High Dynamic Range (HDR) captures clever shots in virtually any light, and the front camera’s wide-angle lens allows you to take epic selfies.
- Operating System: Android™ 5.0.2 (Lollipop).
- Processor: The Samsung Galaxy S6 active comes with Octa-core 64-bit processor, Samsung’s fastest and most powerful processor in a smartphone.
- Storage: 32GB of internal memory7
- Voice Calling: HD Voice capable.8
- Battery Life: The Samsung Galaxy S6 active features a 3500mAh and embedded wireless charging technology that works with most wireless charging pads on the market, so there’s no more looking for a cord or place to plug in.
- Outdoor Features: Activity Zone is the ideal companion for outdoor adventures, and includes a quick launching compass, flashlight, stopwatch, and more.
- Business Ready: Samsung KNOX provides security and protection right out of the box, along with support for MDM partners, making device management easy for IT administrators.
"As we’ve shown over the past three years as the exclusive provider of Samsung’s Galaxy S active family, we feel that our customers shouldn’t have to trade durability for best-in-class specs," said Jeff Bradley, senior vice president, Device Marketing and Developer Services, AT&T Mobility. "The Galaxy S6 active is the best Galaxy S6 in the market. It combines all the premium features of the Galaxy S6, but also is durable enough to handle wear and tear. You can’t find this device – with its combination of performance and dependability, on the nation’s most reliable 4G LTE network – with any other carrier. And on top of that, our customers will be able to choose between two cool new colors – camo white and camo blue."
"With the Galaxy S6 active, we’re delivering consumers with high durability coupled with the powerful performance of Samsung’s latest flagship smartphone," said Tim Baxter, President & COO & Mobile Division GM of Samsung Electronics America. "The result is a smartphone that brings ruggedized capabilities and water resistance coupled with the camera, battery and design features that empower our consumers and business users to do more."
The Samsung Galaxy S6 active has earned five out of five stars on AT&T’s Eco-Rating system. The system rates the environmental factors of AT&T branded handset devices. AT&T created the Eco-Rating system to empower consumers to make better informed decisions when selecting a device. For more information about this device’s rating, AT&T’s Eco-Rating System, and how you can join AT&T in making a difference, please visit http://att.com/ecospace.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 active will be featured and available for purchase in on-site shops at upcoming Reebok Spartan Race events. Reebok Spartan Race, the world’s leading Obstacle Race, is an event designed to push your limits, test your strength and challenge your endurance.
Join AT&T and Samsung at the races in Breckenridge, Colorado on June 13; Dallas, Texas on June 20; Midway, Utah on June 27; and Palmerton, Pennsylvania on July 11. For more information on the races, please visit www.spartan.com.
- View the Samsung Galaxy S6 active video: go-att.us/SamsungGS6ActiveHL
- For more information visit: www.att.com/galaxys6active.
1Reliability based on nationwide 4G LTE. LTE is a trademark of ETSI. 4G LTE not available everywhere.
2AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
3$0 down with AT&T Next req’s well-qualified credit & a 20-mth, 24-mth or 30-mth 0% APR installment agreement. Wireless service (voice & data) is required & is extra. Tax due at sale. If wireless svc is cancelled, device balance due. Other charges & restr’s apply. Visit att.com/next for AT&T Next requirements.
4Limited Time Offer. Must buy smartphone via AT&T Next installment agmt, tablet w/ 2-yr agmt & activate wireless svc on both. Activ./upgrade (up to $40) & early termination fees, & other charges & restr’s apply. See att.com/shop/wireless/devices/tab4-bundle.html for bundle offer details.
5Offer ends 07/23/15, while promo supplies last. Must buy smartphone via AT&T NextSM installment agmt w/ qual. monthly wireless svc plan (voice & data) or new 2-yr wireless agmt w/qual. monthly voice plan. Smartphone and Samsung charging mat must be purchased together. Purchase of iFrogz GoLite is not req’d. Activ./upgrade (up to $40) & early termination fees, & other charges & restr’s apply. Visit a store for bundle offer details.
6Meets US Mil-STD-810G for water-resistance and to withstand dust, shock, vibration, temperature extremes, humidity, and high altitude. Water-resistant based on IP68 rating. Submersible up to 1.5m of water for up to 30 mins. Shock-resistant when dropped from ≤ 4 ft onto flat surface. For additional device details, visit att.com/galaxys6active.
7Portion of memory occupied by existing content.
8AT&T HD Voice has limited availability in select markets and may not be available in your area. To experience HD Voice, both parties must be in AT&T HD Voice coverage using AT&T HD Voice-capable devices. Other restrictions apply. See www.att.com/hdvoice for details.