AT&T and Sony Ericsson have just announced a new device the Vivaz which will be available September 5th at the retail stores as well as online for $79.99 after a $50.00 mail in rebate. The Vivaz will be able to capture HD video or high resolution photos with 8.1 megapixel camera. Two colors will be available, Galaxy Blue or online only with a Venus Ruby color. Venus Ruby? The Vivaz will sport a 3.2” nHD 16 million color touch screen (640×360 pixel ratio) and have some cool apps built right in:
“In addition to its superb imaging features, Vivaz is loaded with applications to keep customers connected to their world. Topping that list is AT&T Social Net, allowing customers to share exciting moments with friends– on Facebook®, MySpace™ and Twitter®– all through one simple application. Other highlights include Wi-Fi®, aGPS with AT&T Navigator®, Stereo Bluetooth® wireless technology, and Vlingo® voice recognition interface for searching the Web, composing notes, and more.”
Here is the rest of the press release by AT&T:
- AT&T* and Sony Ericsson today announced the Sony Ericsson Vivaz™
- Capture HD video1 or high resolution photos with 8.1 megapixel camera
- Available in the vibrant Galaxy Blue or for a limited time at www.wireless.att.com in the attractive Venus Ruby.
- Vivaz comes complete with a 3.2” nHD 16 million color touchscreen
- Exclusive for AT&T customers for $79.99, with a two-year service agreement and after a $50.00 mail in rebate, on September 5 in AT&T company-owned retail stores and online at www.wireless.att.com.
With Vivaz™, AT&T customers can capture spontaneous moments and memories instantly with two quick camera keys – video and photo, which lock focus on the action as soon as it starts. Pre-loaded links to YouTube™ and Picasa™ Web Albums make it easy to upload HD videos and high resolution photos for sharing with friends and even the world.
In addition to its superb imaging features, Vivaz is loaded with applications to keep customers connected to their world. Topping that list is AT&T Social Net, allowing customers to share exciting moments with friends– on Facebook®, MySpace™ and Twitter®– all through one simple application. Other highlights include Wi-Fi®, aGPS with AT&T Navigator®, Stereo Bluetooth® wireless technology, and Vlingo® voice recognition interface for searching the Web, composing notes, and more.
- AT&T Wi-Fi Hotspots – With Vivaz™ and a qualifying AT&T data plan, you have unlimited access to AT&T’s entire nationwide Wi-Fi network at no additional cost. Perfect for uploading your latest HD video masterpiece while taking a load off your feet.
- 3.2" nHD screen – Customers can view photos and videos in vivid nHD detail.
- Multitask Effortlessly – Have multiple applications running simultaneously and easily switch between them, including the ability to multitask while uploading HD video via Wi-Fi.
“Working with Sony Ericsson to deliver a best-in-class video and camera phone on the nation’s fastest mobile broadband network gives our customers even more opportunities to express themselves through their favorite social networks,” said Michael Woodward, vice president, Mobile Phone Portfolio, AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. “With Vivaz capturing photos and video in stunning HD and sharing it on YouTube™ or Picasa™ Web Albums is quick and easy.”
“Shooting and sharing brilliant HD content is what creativity-minded consumers want from their mobile devices right now and we are delivering it with Vivaz™,” said Paul Hamnett, senior vice president, Sony Ericsson North America. “With a host of dynamic multimedia and social networking features, and offered at a very attractive price, we are putting the power of spontaneous HD in the hands of everyone.”
For the complete array of AT&T offerings, visit www.att.com
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
Price of $79.99 requires a 2-year service agreement and smartphone data plan. New smartphone customers may choose from two AT&T monthly data plan options, $15 for 200 MB of wireless data or $25 for 2 GB.
1720p video recording; display rendering is nHD (640×360 pixel ratio)
Mobile Broadband coverage not available in all areas.