Splashtop Inc. today released FileHound, an app to remotely access computer files from an iPhone and iPod touch. FileHound will fetch your files to easily access all the documents, photos and music from a computer, anytime, anywhere. Launch price is $4.99 for a limited time, then it will go to $14.99. if you’re interested I’d grab it now!
"FileHound puts some ‘bark’ into your smartphone!" said Mark Lee, CEO of Splashtop. "It is designed to be your new best friend to fetch files when you are on the go. In fact, we think you’re going to like FileHound so much you might even start petting your iPhone!"
FileHound’s features include the ability to:
- Instantly see a list of all files with two taps on the screen
- Find files with easy-to-use FileHound search or the recent items folder
- Navigate with Trackpad mode for ultimate precision on small screens
- Use the shortcut toolbar to toggle between browsing and editing modes
- Activate the keyboard or scroll bar
- Zoom in or out of a screen
- Lock the screen orientation
- Easily disconnect a session
FileHound is simple to install and compatible with all versions of iPhone and iPod touch (iOS 4 or above) and Windows 7, Vista and XP. Just install the FileHound app on an iPhone or iPod touch and the Splashtop Streamer software on a remote computer. Then create a security code on both devices. Once installed, FileHound users can find and access files on a remote computer from anywhere in the world.
View a short video on FIleHound at: http://youtu.be/xP0YPfCFJWk
FileHound can be downloaded for a special launch promotion price of $4.99 USD (regular price of $14.99 USD) from the iTunes App Store at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/filehound/id457716007?ls=1&mt=8