YouMail has released a major update to their iPhone application, providing the most robust and socially connected visual voicemail platform available for any Apple device – iPad, iPod touch, and all versions of iPhone. The new update to this free app provides huge storage, instant sharing of voicemail messages to Facebook, Twitter, Blogs and the web (a great feature for sharing hilarious or important messages with friends), Caller ID with photos, custom greetings, and a free trial of human-edited voicemail transcription for one of the best voicemail-to-text services available.
YouMail, available on all smartphone platforms and accessible from any web connected device, offers a slew of advantages to Google Voice and iPhone’s native visual voicemail in a free and easy to use app — one click integrates all your Voicemail instantly.
Check out the press release for more information on YouMail:
YouMail Launches Major iPhone Update Bringing Premium Visual Voicemail to iOS
YouMail Brings Its Popular Visual Voicemail Plus to iPhone
Irvine, CA – February 10, 2011 – YouMail, Inc. (www.youmail.com) today announced a major update to its free iPhone Visual Voicemail Plus application, completely overhauling the app’s user interface, features, capabilities and functionality. This new update offers iPhone users a fast, fun option for instantly managing, sharing, storing, digitizing and transcribing voicemail. With this update, the YouMail application goes far beyond the basic visual voicemail that comes with the iPhone, providing:
· Multi-Platform Access. YouMail users can pick up their voicemail on whatever device is most convenient, not just the iPhone. The YouMail app also runs on iPods and iPads, as well as any other portable computing device or handset. This accessibility allows users to pick up voicemail through youmail.com on any computer, as well as to share voicemail with colleagues, friends and family.
· Visual caller ID. YouMail now pulls and displays incoming caller photos from the phone’s address book and the user’s Facebook account – giving users truly visual voicemail. YouMail also provides the caller’s city and state, in addition to their phone number and name.
· Simple forwarding. With just a couple of clicks, users can now easily forward voicemail to any e-mail address. Users aren’t locked in to forwarding to other people on their carrier’s network.
· Message grouping. YouMail users can now easily manage groups of voicemails, moving them into folders effortlessly, deleting multiple messages at a time, and even restoring or purging deleted voicemails.
· Massive storage. YouMail’s free application allows users to store up to 100 messages, eliminating the constant worry about mailboxes getting too full. YouMail also offers premium options with even greater storage capacity.
· Premium transcription. The app lets users read their voicemail with one of YouMail’s human-edited transcription plans. This update now makes it easy for users to try and buy transcription services from YouMail’s premium offerings
In addition, users of youMails’ iPhone app have access to all of YouMail’s rich features that can be configured and managed from theYouMail web site, including:
· Setting up personal greetings heard only by specific family, friends, or co-workers.
· Playing and use prerecorded greetings supplied by other YouMailers
· Blocking specific people from leaving voicemail.
· Creating your own folders to help organize voicemail
· Connecting to Facebook, so your friend’s pictures show up when they leave messages.
· Easily posting messages to your Facebook wall, twitter, or your blog.
· Saving important voicemails forever, whether on the iPhone or computer.
This new update makes YouMail the iPhone’s most comprehensive and feature-rich visual voicemail service.
"The iPhone has made visual voicemail a must have," commented CEO Alex Quilici. “YouMail now dramatically extends the iPhone’s visual voicemail, turning into a much faster and fun solution for handling missed calls, providing iPhone users access to the same popular YouMail application that has been downloaded over two million times on BlackBerry and Android devices.”
YouMail is available to post-paid mobile users in the US on all major carriers including AT&T Wireless, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, and T-Mobile. YouMail can also be used to unify a user’s mobile voicemail with their voice messages from VOIP service providers such as Google Voice, MagicJack, OOMA, and Vonage.