Deal Time: iCade Gaming dock for your iPhone, Touch
This showed up in my email yesterday. If you’re reading Mobility Digest and you don’t get emails from ThinkGeek, you need your head examined.
Serious mobile gaming
While we love the myriad apps and games in the App Store, there’s one thing we definitely don’t like about mobile gaming: our fingers going oddly numb or worse, cramping up. We’d love to play as long as our batteries will allow, but the form factor of the iPhone clashes with the limits our fragile human bodies. If we are going to get serious about claiming some worldwide high scores on our favorite games, we need a solution.
And behold, the gods provided us with the iCade Mobile, the ultimate handheld game controller for iPhone and iPod Touch. With a classic controller configuration, iCade Mobile makes it easy to play modern and retro games the way they were meant to be played. iCade Mobile features a four-way directional pad, four front-facing action buttons, and four shoulder buttons. All will withstand your most furious button mashing. Your iPhone nestles in the cradle, which can be positioned in landscape or portrait mode. You’ll get a full view of all the action on screen because your hands and gripping the ergonomic controller pad. No more cramps! No more numb fingers! Game until the cows come home… or you run out of battery life.
- Fun and fast mobile gaming for your iPhone or iPod Touch
- Adds physical buttons and d-pad to make your gaming experience better
- Rotating cradle allows for landscape and portrait viewing
- Connects using wireless Bluetooth technology (set up once and you’re good to go!)
- Works with over 100 games and apps (search "iCade" in the app store)
- Ergonomic design lets you play for hours in comfort
- True control with eight action buttons and two-axis directional pad
- Compatibility: iPod Touch (3rd & 4th Gen), iPhone 3/3G/3GS/4/4S
- Safety & Warranty Manual and Quickstart Guide included
- iPod Touch Insert included
- Batteries: 2 x AA (included)
In addition to the 100 classic Atari favorites, numerous iOS developers have built in iCADE support. In all, over 150 apps have announced support for the iCADE standard. It’s hard to keep up with all the games being released, but we’ve compiled a list of some of the best right here – iCADE Games List
Check out of the supported app list, of course, before you think about purchasing it. It normally runs $69.99, but it’s currently on sale for $16.99. So if you have a supported iPhone or iPod Touch, or if your little geekling does, this could be a good snag. The product page is here. They monitor comments on the page if you have questions, but you can also call their Customer Service line at 1-888-GEEKSTUFF.