AT&T Captivate device owners rejoice! The Android 2.2 Froyo update is finally here! No this isn’t an early April Fools Day joke either. All you have to do is head on over to the update page (CLICK HERE) and make sure you read everything before hitting the DOWNLOAD button at the bottom of the page!
How Do I Update The Software On My AT&T SGH-i897 (Captivate) Phone To Android 2.2 (Froyo) Through Kies Mini For PC?
An Operating System upgrade from Eclair 2.1 to Froyo 2.2 is now available for the SGH-i897 (Captivate). Please read the FAQ below for information on how to update, to see what is new in Froyo, and much more.
Notice: Please back up all data such as your contacts, pictures, music, videos etc… prior to performing the update as data could be lost .
- Desktop/Laptop Computer Running 32bit Versions Of Either Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, or XP
- All Firewall & Anti-Virus Programs Should Be Disabled
- Administrative Privileges Required To Download & Install Software Including Drivers
- An Available USB Port On The PC That Supports 2.0 USB
- Windows Media Runtime 11 (automatically installed by Kies Mini if not present)
- Fully Charged Battery
- USB Data Cable (Included In Retail Box)
- Any Previous Samsung Kies Software Should Be Removed