The third largest book retailer Books-a-Million (BAM) is making it easy for consumers to access thousands of books from their mobile devices. In partnership with Bluefire Productions, BAM is launching their e-Book Catalog App to make it easy for readers to find content that they want. The App is available on the Books-A-Million website for free and is available for download on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch.
- Built by Bluefire Productions and based on the company’s own Bluefire Reader app, the free BAM Reader is already a top download in the Apple App Store, and gives consumers access to thousands of e-books on their iPads, iPhones, or iPod Touches.
- The Bluefire Reader is also top free download in the Apple App Store, and the first app that lets consumers read library e-books on their iOS devices (announced in November).
- The BAM Reader supports EPUB and PDF e-book formats, as well as Adobe Content Server 4 DRM, making it interoperable with dedicated e-readers.
- Ebooks purchased from Books-A-Million can be transferred to and read on laptop and desktop computers using Adobe Digital Editions.
- Readers can also use the app to read e-books from the Google e-Book Store and other popular e-Book stores.
The BAM Reader is available now for free at the Books-A-Million website.