MySpace had its time. And Facebook, well……. Let me ask you this. If you had to make a list, with the things you like about Facebook on one side, and the things you dislike about Facebook on the other, which list would be longer? I thought so. Think it’s time to max out my credit card and go pick up a cheap server at BestBuy. Want to make sure I do this right, so when I launch Ver 1 of my new service I will do it from the garage, just so I can say MyBook started in a garage (it’s not even June and it’s already hotter than hell in Florida, so this better work on the first try).
Introducing MyBook (mybook.com – well that’s already taken, but mybook321.com isn’t), a social sharing service as it should be. I think the world has grown tired of Facebook and it’s time for a new start. Of course, MyBook will have all of the features you would expect; a timeline of posts, that includes ALL the posts from your contacts, sorted by, well, TIME. A place to upload and share photos and videos, likes, dislikes,and all that other good stuff. MyBook will launch on all desktop and mobile platforms simultaneously. Even Blackberry. Unique apps will be created to take advantage of the benefits each platform has to offer.
Features and Guidelines
- MyBook will be a paid subscription service, billed to your phone. Monthly for $0.99, or an Annual Subscription for $9.99. There will also be a Family Plan; $19.99 for up to 5 family members (more on that later). As being a paid service there will be absolutely no ads, marketing or anything else to detract from its primary service, being a social sharing site. If you don’t have any money for registration, you should probably be looking for a job instead of posting on social sites.
- You have to be at least 13 years of age to join MyBook. Those between the ages of 13 & 17, can only participate on MyBook through a paid Family Plan, which will be administered by the Family Admin. If members 18 or over conduct themselves in a childish manner, they may be directed to subscribe through a Family Plan, at the sole discretion of MyBook. Note, there are no refunds.
- All registrants will be required to provide their; full name, address, town, state & zip, valid email address, birthdate and recent face shot (along with payment information). Only user names (nicknames) and month/day of birth will be accessible though a user’s profile. If you want someone to know more about you, send them an email. Face shots will be matched up against facial databases from; Facebook, Google, FBI, NSA, etc. to verify your actual identity. If your face matches up with the later two search databases, MyBook reserves the right to revoke your subscription. Note, there are no refunds.
- MyBook participants can be categorized by you as; Family, In-laws, Friends, Co-Workers and Acquaintances. You will be able to choose which groups can see each photo/post uploaded to MyBook. Or, you can chose Everyone (Public) if you have no friends, or nothing to hide.
- Family Plans will be administered by a Family Admin (parent or guardian). All members of a family plan will automatically be connected (permanently) with each other. The Admin will receive an email each time a Family Plan member posts on MyBook (except for his/her own posts, which would be redundant) so they can keep track of what’s being shared. The Admin will also have the option to enable “Approval Mode” for any Family Plan member which will require each post/comment to be approved by the Admin BEFORE it appears on the participants Timeline. Family Admins will also have the ability to suspend a Family participant for up to 30 days (a time out) during which time they will only be able to view posts and comments from other Family participants.
- Any MyBook participant deemed to be mentally unstable, either through postings, other social profiles, obvious admission, legally (or illegally) obtained medical records, or otherwise, will be required to register via a Family Plan, and be permanently set to “Approval Mode” (see above). There are no exceptions or appeals. Note, there are no refunds.
- Pedophiles, sex offenders, and perverts are not permitted to participate on MyBook. If anyone is found to be violating our Terms of Service, we will deal with you swiftly and accordingly. Remember, we know where you live. Note, there are no refunds.
- No information about you will be shared with others, unless “you” share it with them. MyBook is NOT a dating service. You will never be prompted to add a friend of a friend of a friend…..of a distant friend. If you want to look for someone, use the Search feature. You will never be asked; what school you went to, where you used to live, what makes you happy or sad, or what music/movies you like.
- MyBook will automatically log off after being logged in from any source for a cumulative time of 90 minutes within any 2 hour period. Wait period to log back in will be 60 minutes, 13 to 17 year old Family participants will be limited to 45 cumulative minutes within any 2 hour period. The Family Admin will also have the ability to set daily “Dinner Time” and other “Family Activity” blocks for Family Plan participants. During the log out period, no viewing or posting of any sort will be permitted. Each attempt to log back in within the 60 minute time out period, will add another 5 minutes (a time out) to the block out period. So, go do something else for a couple hours.
- Bullying will not be tolerated on MyBook. School Monitors will be appropriated for each; primary, middle and secondary school in the world. Said monitor will be in the upper 10 percentile for height and weight in their school, and must be under 18 years of age. They can be a boy or girl (female person in England), or not sure. They will receive a 50% discount on their Family Plan for their loyal service. When a MyBook participant is suspected of bullying someone, the School Monitor will be alerted and directed to investigate, and kick said ass as required. Posting a photo of bullyers gravel embedded face, or a video of him/her screaming uncle, will earn the Monitor a MyBook t-shirt. Bully will be required to apologize (post set to Public) before being permitted to participate on MyBook again. And of course, the bully will be placed on 90 days probation, where all postings/comments will be monitored by the MyBook Bully Prevention Team.
- MyBook reserves the right to remove any content deemed; offensive, terroristic or inflammatory. While MyBook supports a participant’s right to freedom of expression, it’s my damn site and I’ll decide what’s over the line. Note, there are no refunds.
- While MyBook is a globally accessible social site, it will be based in the United States and thus adhere to American principals and customs. So, there will be no discrimination based on; sexual orientation, color, race, religion or age (except for the aforementioned 13-17 restrictions above-sorry kiddies). If you pay the fee and follow the rules, your welcome to participate.
- MyBook is a company owned business, with no aspirations for being publically traded. After covering; overhead, operating costs and salaries (and something for me of course), all additional proceeds will be donated to a group of standup organizations like; The Wounded Warriors Project and the Make A Wish Foundation. With payment, you will be able to vote for the worthwhile organization you prefer, which will determine how funds are distributed.
So there you have it. As Mobility Digest will be the launching platform for MyBook, you will need to check back often to see how things are progressing. Have any suggestions to make MyBook better? Let us know in the comments below. MyBook – Social As It Should Be.
P.S. I almost forgot. Mr. Zuckerberg, don’t even bother with the whole lawsuit thing. Cause it’s pretty obvious that MyBook is nothing like Facebook. It’s a lot better.