Hey Android users you can now print to your Epson printer thanks to their release of of iPrint for Android. Of course you’ll need to have one of the Epson printers that are wireless enabled, which of course I do, the WorkForce 840 I that I can wholeheartedly recommended to anyone looking for a very good printer.
Epson America, Inc., a leading provider of superior performing desktop printing solutions, today announced the expansion of its free iPrint mobile printing app to include Android™ smartphones. Epson’s iPrint effortlessly prints web pages and photos from Android devices, to any wireless Epson all-in-one.
Android smartphone users can print directly from their Android device to any wireless Epson all-in-one printers within their wireless network. In addition to photos and web pages, Epson’s iPrint app allows users to scan, save and share their files. The new Epson app also supports online cloud services like Box.net, Dropbox and Evernote®.
“Epson continues to develop superior printing solutions for performance printing on-the-go, and Android users can now experience the free Epson iPrint app,” said Kristi Lanzit, product manager, consumer ink jets, Epson America, Inc. “Android users demand a superior level of features and confidence when printing on-the-go, and Epson’s iPrint delivers hassle-free results every time.”
Epson iPrint – Additional Key Features:
- Print, scan and share directly from an android smartphone or tablet
· Print photos and web pages
· Access and print online files from Box.net, Dropbox, and Evernote
· Use the built-in Web browser to find and print a web page
· Configure print options including paper size and type, number of copies and page range
· Scan from an Epson all-in-one and share the file
· Check your printer’s status and ink levels
· Get help with a built-in FAQ section
- Choose and print multiple photos
- Print with or without borders
· Switch between color and black & white printing
· Choose from different scanning resolutions and image types
· Optimize print quality
· Buy ink and supplies for your printer
Epson iPrint makes it easier than ever to print directly from Android devices to a variety of Epson printers within your wireless network. The following Epson printers support iPrint (v2): Epson Artisan® 700, 710, 725, 730, 800, 810, 835, 837; Epson Stylus® NX420, NX510, NX515 and NX625; Epson WorkForce® 325, 520, 600, 610, 615, 630, 633, 635 and 840.
Epson iPrint is compatible with Android OS 2.1 or later and is available for free worldwide on the Android Market (https://market.android.com/?hl=en). More information about Epson’s mobile printing solutions is available on Epson’s website.