Get Bold With the BlackBerry Bold 9650 Smartphone From Verizon Wireless
Another day, another phone is launched, this time it’s the expected BlackBerry Bold 9650. Not sure what’s so ‘bold’ about it though, but if you’re into the BB scene this is the latest and greatest. It will be available for $149.99 after $100 mail-in rebate and 2yr contract on June 3rd online, and then in stores on June 10th.
Verizon Wireless today announced that the BlackBerry® Bold(TM) 9650 smartphone will be available to order online at www.verizonwireless.com beginning June 3 and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores beginning June 10. Running on the largest and most reliable wireless voice and 3G data network in the United States, the BlackBerry Bold is the first global phone from Verizon Wireless to support GlobalAccess Connect, allowing customers to tether their BlackBerry Bold to a notebook or netbook and use it as a modem for wireless Internet access in more than 200 countries worldwide.
Full specs inside:
– Optical trackpad for easy and fluid navigation
– Built-in Wi-Fi® (802.11 b/g)
– Push to Talk feature – Allows customers to leverage Verizon Wireless’
3G network for instant two-way communication with up to 50 people with
the touch of a button
– VZ Navigator® version 6 – Gives customers access to free mapping and
integration with Bing to sort searches by relevance and a new option
to choose day, week or monthly subscriptions
– VZ Navigator Global capabilities – Provides turn-by-turn directions
and maps in English while navigating through more than 20
destinations, including Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Italy,
Norway, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom. This easy-to-use
application also marks distances in miles or kilometers and finds
restaurants, gas stations, banks/ATMs and other popular spots using
the Local Search feature
– Stylish design (4.40" x 2.44" x .55" and 4.8 oz.) with glossy black
finish and chrome highlights
– Mobile e-mail and messaging capabilities
– Large (2.45") high-resolution display (480 x 360 resolution at 245
ppi) that displays pictures, videos and Web pages with contrast and
– 3.2 megapixel camera with flash, variable zoom, image stabilization,
autofocus and video recording
– Advanced media player for videos, pictures and music; a 3.5 mm stereo
headset jack; and support for the Bluetooth® Stereo Audio Profile
– BlackBerry® Media Sync to easily sync music as well as photos*.
– Easy mobile access to Facebook®, MySpace and Flickr® as well as
popular instant messaging services, including BlackBerry® Messenger
– Support for BlackBerry App World(TM), featuring a broad and growing
catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for
– 512 MB Flash memory and an expandable memory card slot that supports
up to 16 GB microSD(TM) HC cards (a 2 GB card is pre-installed)
– Full HTML Web browser, streaming audio and video via RTSP
– Built-in GPS with support for location-based applications and services
as well as geotagging
– Premium phone features, including voice-activated dialing,
speakerphone, and Bluetooth (2.1)
– Support for high-speed EV-DO Rev. A networks in North America as well
as single band UMTS/HSPA (2100 MHz) and quad-band EDGE/GPRS/GSM
– Removable and rechargeable 1400 mAhr battery for up to 5 hours of CDMA
Pricing and availability:
– The BlackBerry Bold 9650 smartphone will be available for order online
at www.verizonwireless.com beginning June 3, and it will be in Verizon
Wireless Communications Stores beginning June 10 for $149.99 after a
$100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. A
non-camera version of the phone will also be available for order
online beginning June 3. Customers will receive the mail-in rebate in
the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as
cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
– Verizon Wireless customers will need to subscribe to a Nationwide Talk
plan or Nationwide Talk & Text plan and an Email and Web for
Smartphone plan. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 monthly
access. Email and Web for Smartphone plans start at $29.99 for
unlimited monthly access.
– GlobalAccess Connect plans are available for $65 monthly access for 5
GB allowance in the United States and Canada ($0.05/MB overage) and
100 MB allowance in select countries ($5.12/MB overage). There is
also a $155 monthly access option that offers 5 GB allowance in the
United States and Canada and 200 MB allowance in select countries,
with the same overage rates as the $65 monthly option.
– Customers can add Push to Talk for $5 per month per line and download
the service from the Application Center or through VZStart on their
handsets. VZ Navigator is available for $2.99 for daily use, $4.99
for seven-day use or $9.99 for monthly subscription.
– For information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a
Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to
*Music files may not be supported, including files that contain digital rights management technologies. Photo syncing is currently only available for Windows-based PCs.
This company’s web site http://www.verizonwireless.com/
Great stuff! Great read, I’ll come back for more.