Free tomorrow only a nice little weather for the first 100,000 people who download it! Free is nice, free is very nice I think!
Weather Decision Technologies, Inc., a global leader in providing state-of-the-science weather detection, alerting, and forecasting systems, today announced they are offering the iMapWeather Radio App for free for one day only, May 19th, 2011, via the iTunes Store. The first 100,000 people who download the app will receive it for free – the equivalent of a $1M donation to weather safety nationwide.
The iMapWeather Radio app is a highly advanced weather radio right on a mobile device, providing information on life-threatening weather – such as the recent tornadoes afflicting our country – with precise location-based text and voice alerts. The app provides an early warning to help individuals and families seek safety, even in the middle of the night, or when the power goes out.
“We believe in weather safety and good preparation so much that we are making the iMapWeather Radio free for a day to the first 100,000 people who download it,” said Mike Eilts, President and CEO of WDT. “This app is a vital tool to help families prepare for the dangerous storm season upon us.”
The iMapWeather Radio app offers the following key safety features:
- Precise Alerts: With the iMapWeather Radio app, users only get an alert if their device or saved locations fall inside a watch/warning polygon, reducing false alarms.
- Follow Me: When on the go, users automatically receive an alert if they move into an area under a watch/warning.
- Friends and Family: With iMapWeather Radio, users can pinpoint up to five locations for the app to follow. This allows the user to ensure that their friends and family, whether at school, out of state, at a ballgame, etc., are safe as well.
- Battery Life: The application is designed to conserve your battery life even while using GPS.
- Audio: iMapWeather Radio provides audio alerts in the form of beeps followed by a brief description of the alert type – 24 hours a day.
- Video: In markets where local media partners participate, users can get live video of severe weather coverage.
FREE Weather Radio Day
For more information on FREE Weather Radio Day, visit: http://weatherradioday.com.
Pricing and Availability
On May 19th, the iMapWeather Radio app will be available for free to the first 100,000 individuals who download it at the App Store on all iPhones, iPads and the iPod touch. The iMapWeather Radio app is currently available for $9.99 from the App Store on all iPhones, iPads and the iPod touch. It will also be available at the Android app store for Android devices later this year.