We already have a Yellow Pages app but now there’s an official one from yellowpages.com (or yp.com – both redirect). Here’s the official description:
Need a cup of coffee, want to find a good pizza place in town? Like to read reviews before choosing a restaurant? The YP app is your easy-to-use guide for local info near you. Search. Find. And Save Local!
• Search 18MM+ businesses quickly by typing or browsing popular categories including restaurants, bars, hotels, mechanics, dentists, and even AT&T® Wi-Fi Hotspots
• Find businesses faster with predictive text, and quick links to top categories.
• Location detection pinpoints where you are to automatically deliver nearby search results.
• Get the scoop from other locals. Access comprehensive business listings including ratings, reviews, business details, open hours, videos or click to the website.
• Browse through great money-saving local deals and redeem directly from your phone*
Personalize & Share
• Share businesses you find with friends via text, email, Facebook or Twitter.
* Some restrictions may apply. Please call first to confirm the business will accept this coupon. Not all businesses accept mobile coupons.
Of course, it’s free. It has the Metro look and feel but it really reminds me of how nice black on white works. Is this better than the Avantar version? No idea quite frankly but I have feeling some of you have tried the Avantar version and will give this one a go as well so tell us what you find.