Sprint’s exclusive loyalty program turns one
OVERLAND PARK, Kan.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–When Sprint (NYSE: S) launched its exclusive rewards program for its most loyal and high-value customers a year ago, the company had no idea how popular the program would be. The exclusive benefits Premier members received have helped to foster loyalty between Sprint and its customers. According to a recent GFK End-User survey, Premier customers, indeed, are far more loyal. So to mark the one-year anniversary, Sprint is announcing enhancements to the program with the goal of further improving the Premier experience.
“In a world where there are companies who have thousands of customers, the customers tend to get overlooked or viewed as a metric based on revenue. This program shows me Sprint sees my loyalty and I am not just a revenue stream.”
- Six-Month Plan Check: Premier moved beyond simply reminding customers every six months to use Sprint’s online plan optimizer to instead proactively doing a six-month plan check for customers and letting them know if there’s another plan that provides them more value.
- Anniversary Rewards: Every year, customers get a “thank you gift” for their loyalty. Now customers have the choice of a $5 service credit to their account or 75 voice bonus minutes.
- Premier Community Forum: The official launch of an online user community for Premier customers. A forum to chat with fellow Premier customers, or talk directly with the Premier program managers about questions or ideas for Premier.
- Premier website: This newly designed site (www.sprint.com/premier) is available to both Premier and non-Premier customers to stay on top of Premier eligibility and program benefits.
In addition to these new benefits, Sprint Premier customers continue to enjoy:
- Early Upgrades: Customers can upgrade their primary line nearly twice as fast as other customers. A new two-year agreement is required.
- Accessory Discounts: Available in Sprint Retail stores only, Premier customers have the added benefit of getting accessories for their new phones at a great discount.
- “Just Because” Perks: Spontaneous special offers for trips, tickets to shows and sporting events and other special perks– just to say thanks.
- First to Know: Premier customers get an early heads-up on the Premier community when select new service plans, phones or other big news is about to be announced publicly.
- Sprint Premier Newsletter: Premier customers receive the Sprint Premier Connection e-newsletter every month with information designed specifically for them.
“Much like in the workforce, when you are rewarded or given special treatment, it goes a long way….Sprint has tapped into this with this program,” said Brice Bertram, a Sprint Premier customer. “In a world where there are companies who have thousands of customers, the customers tend to get overlooked or viewed as a metric based on revenue. This program shows me Sprint sees my loyalty and I am not just a revenue stream.”
“Since we launched Premier, the program has driven higher satisfaction with customers in the program and they have expressed to us how satisfied they are with the additional benefits they receive,” said John Carney, senior vice president of consumer marketing at Sprint. “Equally important is that over the last year, we have enhanced the program. Many of the changes we’ve made today are a result of direct customer feedback on how to take Sprint Premier from good to great.”
Once you’ve been a Sprint customer for six months, eligibility requirements for Sprint Premier are simple: 1) Maintain a 3-month average rate plan of at least $69.99 for individuals or at least $99.99 for shared plans; or 2) have been a Sprint wireless customer for at least 10 years. Sprint’s most popular plans, including those with Any Mobile, AnytimeSM, automatically qualify for Premier. For more information regarding Sprint Premier eligibility and benefits, visit sprint.com/premier.
Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including two wireless networks serving more than 48 million customers at the end of the fourth quarter of 2009 and the first 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; industry-leading mobile data services; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. The company’s customer-focused strategy has led to improved first call resolution and customer care satisfaction scores. For more information, visit www.sprint.com.