Wish your Windows Phone had turn by turn directions with an optional 3D view? Ok, done.
A-to-B is a Turn-by-Turn application built to demonstrate some of the capabilities of the ArcGIS API for Windows Phone.
Warning: The application is meant for demonstration purposes only! Do not rely solely on the suggested routes or instructions given by this application.
– Turn-by-turn routing. Sound notification when a turn is coming up.
– Add often used destinations as favorites.
– List of recent destinations.
– "3D view" when in navigation mode with easy accessible "zoom in/out" buttons.
– 2D Map for browsing the map supporting pinching, panning etc, and pick new destination by touch’n’hold on the map.
– Easy accessible "Recalculate" button if you go off the route and need a new route from your current location (because of service restrictions, the app is not allowed to do this automatically).
– Routes all over US (support for Europe coming in a future version).
– Worldwide map (detail may vary).
I loaded it just to take a look at how it works – sick sick stuff. It’s not entirely polished off but definitely worth taking a look at. If Microsoft continues to sit on their thumbs, this may become the de facto navigation app. It’s got a solid 4 stars right now. It’s in the navigation category.