1800PocketPC put together an article highlighting some of the effort that went into creating the Windows Phone soft keyboard. Aside from all the work that was done researching key presses and user habits, there are a bunch of little Easter eggs that you may or may not know about. I know, your custom keyboard is better, but guess what, this is what Microsoft thinks you should use, so for now get used to it and take advantage of some of these time saving tips. Here are a few:
- Double-tap Space at the end of a sentence to add a period and capitalize the start of the next sentence.
- Tap & hold various keys to reveal hidden menus. The period key is especially handy with – ! : ? . tucked inside.
-You will find a bunch of accented characters inside of: E – Y – U – I –O – A – S – C – N – M
- And try these Number/Symbol keys for more stuff: ! ‘ “ ? – ( ) % $ 1 2 3 0. Or with shift try: – + = | < > ^
- Typing @ or ‘ on the Numeric/Symbol keyboard will return you to the Alpha keyboard
- Boost your speed: Tap/hold the Shift or Numbers/Symbols key, slide your finger to the character you want, and then release. Saves you a tap. And better yet, when you tap the Numbers key and slide/select, the kb returns to alpha view, so no toggling.
- In the suggestion bar, tap “+” to teach the phone a new word.
- To undo auto-correction: tap the word, then tap the first candidate (the original word) in the suggestion bar.
- When entering an address, tap and hold .com to view other extensions, like .org or ,net.
You can read the entire article here. Or see other tips here
Thanks 1800PocketPC for the tip.