AT&T announces the MOTOROLA ATRIX 4G dual core
Motorola is again upping the ante with AT&T announced Motorola ATRIX 4G which comes packing the NVIDIA Tegra 1GHz dual core processor, 1gb of RAM, and a 4.0 inch QHD screen with 24 bit color graphics. Of course the ATRIX 4G will come with Android 2.2 Froyo with MOTOBLUR. The ATRIX 4G will also come with a “Standard WebKit browser on device and full HTML tabbed Firefox® Web browser in webtop** mode”
The ATRIX 4G will also come with a 5mp main shooter and only a VGA front facing camera. The ATRIX will also come with a Dock that will make use of the HDMI out on the device to make media viewing an absolute pleasure. Also, the ATRIX will be powered by a 1930 mAh lithium cell battery!
No word on the release date but you can sign up on the AT&T Webpage for Alerts on availability.
Here are the specs:
- NVIDIA® Tegra™ – the world’s most advanced mobile processor featuring dual core technology including 3D graphics
- QHD display – 24-bit color graphics that refresh faster than other smartphones
- Pocket or dock it – experience connected computing no matter where you are with MOTOROLA Laptop Dock and HD Multimedia Dock
- High performance 1 GB RAM – up to 48 GB available memory for quick access to thousands of songs, photos, and files
- Advanced fingerprint recognition reader keeps everything secure – only you can access what’s on your device
- Android™ 2.2 operating system with access to thousands of apps in Android Market
- Voice quality is clear even in loud environments thanks to two-microphone noise reduction technology
- Front-facing VGA video camera
- Long-lasting 1930 mAh battery
Well finally a device with a “real” battery. But with all the crap this baby is packing it will probably only last about an hour. Oh well.
Finally, a device with the Tegra processor (at least the first I’ve see after some awesome teaser videos put out by Nvidia what seems like years ago.)
And you’re right Jimski, it’s probably the least they could do to power it.