Since Windows Phone 8 is being unveiled tomorrow, Microsoft took the time to finally release an app that permits syncing between WP8 and Windows 8 since Zune was kicked to the curb and it’s available for ARM and x86.
The app is simply called Windows Phone. Here’s the official details:
Your computer and your Windows Phone 8 work together seamlessly with the Windows Phone app so you always have your photos, videos, and music, and more where you want them.
- Get your music, photos, and videos from your computer to your phone (and vice versa).
- Quickly share things from your phone with Windows 8 apps (like Photos, or Search). You don’t even have to open the Windows Phone app to move things around.
- Automatically save photos and videos you take with your phone to your PC.
- See at a glance how much space you’re using for each type of content, so it’s easy to make sure you never run out of room on your phone.
- Get to WindowsPhone.com to download apps, learn more about your phone, or find it if it’s lost
This seems like a great start but you can see that they can add features on to this as well. Of course non eof this matters since I still don’t have a Lumia 920 in my hands.
You can grab it here.