The blog Nokia Innovation is reporting that the phone that Belfiore used to demo WP8 is, in fact, the “Nokia Phi” (the name will almost certainly change), and will be available to the market in the “last week of October.”
Here’s what they’ve learned:
- It has the same curved screen but bigger screen size (cannot confirm if it will be bigger than the Lumia 900′s 4.3inch or the same) hence it will be thicker and far heavier than the Lumia 800.
- It has the same form factor, that is, polycarbonate unibody with irreplaceable battery (just like the Lumia800)
- No physical buttons on the front
- 4 physical buttons on the right side: up/down vol keys, power button and camera
- It will run on a Qualcomm Dual Core CPU (First Nokia Dual Core WP8 phone)
- It will have external SD card slot
- NFC chip on board.
- LTE enabled