Opera 10 Is Here!
November 18, 2009 | Uncategorized | No Comments|
Opera keeps finding ways to improve on an already great mobile browser. The folks in Olso have just released a beta version of Opera 100 for Windows Mobile phones. Here’s what Opera has to say for itself:
10 ways that Opera Mobile 10 works for you
- Intuitive new interface Opera has thrown out the clutter and is keeping it simple in terms of aesthetics. Less is more when it comes to mobile browsing.
- Speed Dial Speed Dial serves as your personal table of contents for the Web. Your favorite sites welcome you upon launching Opera, and in one click, you are there.
- Tabbed browsing Open new links in multiple tabs to bounce between sites easily.
- Password manager Save those annoying passwords with Opera’s password manager, or if you are feeling vulnerable, simply and swiftly delete all.
- Touchscreen navigation Opera Mobile 10 beta is optimized for touchscreen navigation. With a touchscreen phone, you can enjoy even easier navigation with our new adaptive zoom feature, kinetic scrolling, and visual tab thumbnails.
- Save images Select and save your friends’ Facebook pictures to your phone for offline viewing later.
- Opera Turbo Offload your page rendering to one of Opera’s servers, and reduce your data costs.
- Advanced compatibility Since Opera Mobile 10 beta is based on Opera’s browser for desktop computers, it maintains advanced Web-site compatibility and ensures that nearly any site is accessible from a mobile phone.
- Smooth surfing Pan, zoom and smoothly scroll your way through the Web.
- It is free! Opera Mobile 10 beta for Windows Mobile is available as a free download at www.opera.com/mobile/ or m.opera.com/mobile/ (for phone download).
Remember that it is still in beta, so it’s a bit buggy. Here’s a link to a video on Pocketnow.com that shows you how it works.