More merry with downloadable applications to help shop, cook and organize
VERLAND PARK, Kan.–(BUSINESS WIRE)
As they’re making their list and checking it twice, customers can download holiday-friendly apps for their Sprint (NYSE: S) device to help organize, navigate and shop during the busy holiday season. A variety of useful applications are available to Sprint customers through the Android Market™, Palm App Catalog, BlackBerry App WorldTM and the Sprint Digital Lounge.
As more consumers are purchasing smartphones, they are looking for mobile apps that can make them more productive,” said Len Barlik, vice president of wireless and wireline services for Sprint. “Mobile applications are one the fastest growing segments in the wireless industry. Sprint customers can choose from thousands of apps and find the ones they want for fun, work or even to help with their holiday preparations.
HTC HeroTM and Samsung MomentTM with Google™ users can download apps from Android Market:
- Carrr Matey – Customers can easily find their parked car in a busy mall parking lot.
- ShopSavvy – Use the camera in the wireless phone to scan the barcode of any product to find the best prices on the Internet and at nearby local stores.
- Cooking CapsulesTM – Cook a perfect holiday meal: “watch” a short cooking show, “shop” with the grocery list, and “make” using the step-by-step recipe directions.
Palm PreTM and Palm PixiTM users can find apps in Palm App Catalog:
- GiftJammer – Create gift lists during the holiday season with this easy tool.
- FlightView – Receive real-time flight status notifications and follow Grandma’s flight in the air while coordinating airport pick-ups.
- WeatherBug Elite – Stay informed and prepared with live local weather, severe weather alerts, in-depth forecasts, camera views and detailed radar maps.
BlackBerry® users can download and search BlackBerry App World:
- Loopt – Customers can use Loopt to see who’s around, what to do, and where to go. Loopt offers local content to help you meet up with nearby friends and find local events happening now – such as neighborhood holiday parties.
- Calorie Counter by FatSecret– Worried about eating healthy and staying fit during the holidays? Count calories and find nutritional details for any food while on the go with this useful app.
Other Sprint phones, including Samsung ReclaimTM and LG LotusTM, can download apps through Sprint Digital Lounge:
- Mobile Shopper – Find the perfect gift using Mobile Shopper, an app that lets customers shop at more than 70 online retailers with just a click or two on their Sprint phones.
- Sprint Navigation – Don’t get lost or stuck in traffic driving to Grandpa’s house this year with Sprint Navigation, which provides full-featured GPS navigation, including voice-guided, turn-by-turn driving directions with 3D moving maps, more than 10 million business listings, and real-time traffic alerts with one-click rerouting.
- NFL Mobile Live – Catch the game even with family holiday commitments. NFL Mobile Live provides live streaming game action for NFL Network broadcast games, live audio broadcasts of every game, customizable red zone alerts, and access to fantasy teams any time so you don’t miss any of the action.
“The NFL Mobile application is really remarkable,” said former NFL star and current TV analyst Cris Collinsworth. “With NFL Mobile Live from Sprint it’s like carrying a little television set around with you. It has become an NFL tool for me and I use it all the time to follow the league. I watch the game highlights, I get scoring updates live, and I will watch the games. With my travel schedule and the upcoming busy holiday season there is no better resource for NFL information.”
Sprint offers customers a broad array of devices from smartphones to connection cards. Customers will enjoy using these applications and devices on America’s most dependable 3G network1. The Sprint Mobile Broadband Network (inclusive of data roaming) reaches more than 269 million people, 18,652 cities and 1,838 airports. The Sprint Networks (inclusive of data roaming) have twice the coverage of AT&T’s current 3G2 network and 14 times the coverage of T-Mobile’s current 3G network, both based on square miles3. Sprint is the first national wireless carrier to test, launch and market 4G technology. Sprint 4G delivers download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G4.
Sprint customers can subscribe to Sprint Everything Data plans with Any Mobile, AnytimeSM starting at $69.99 to enjoy unlimited calling while on the Sprint network to and from any wireless phone in the United States, unlimited messaging and unlimited data, including e-mail, social networking, Web browsing and exclusive applications, such as Sprint Navigation and NFL Mobile Live. Price plans exclude taxes and surcharges. Some downloadable applications may require an additional charge. Casual data charges of $0.03/kb will apply to customers not on a plan that includes unlimited data.
For more information, visit www.sprint.com.