We have all been drooling over the HTC Touch HD for some time now. Finally WinMo Fans had something to match up to the big screen of the iPhone. But now Pharos has announced at this years CES Show in Vegas that they too will have a device to run with the Big Dogs!
The Pharos Traveler 137 does not only come packed with a huge screen, but will also have the 1700 Mhz Band that will make the T-Mobile crowd happy as well as a 850 Mhz band for all of you AT&T customers.
If you looked at the photo to the right, Pharos has also loaded the Traveler with some Spb Mobile Shell Goodness to keep it competitive with HTC’s TouchFlo 3D. The Pharos Traveler 137 will also have a GPS System that works whether you are connected to a network or not. Pharos will provide maps of the United States for free and maps of Canada will come at an additional charge. Pharos President had this to say:
“Most navigation solutions for smartphones only work when within a carrier coverage zone,” said James Oyang, PhD, President, Pharos. “We’ve equipped the Traveler 137 with our hybrid navigation system that follows you wherever you want to go and charges you only when you actually use it.”
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional
- Hardware partner: Pharos works closely with Inventec
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM 7201A 528MHz
- Memory: 256MB DDR SDRAM, 512MB Flash ROM
- Phone: unlocked GSM quad band 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, EDGE / GPRS, Tri-band 3G, 1700/1900/2100 MHz, UMTS 384Kb/s, HSDPA 7.2Mb/s, HSUPA 2Mb/s
- Talk time: up to 4 hours talk time and 200 hours standby time
- Display: 3.5″ TFT LCD with touch panel, 480 x 800 Wide-VGA with 65,000 colors
- Wireless: GPS aGPS compatible, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth(TM) v2.1 + EDR , FM tuner
- Camera: 3 megapixel for picture or video, .3 megapixel on the front for video conference
- Expansion: USB 2.0, micro SD slot support SDHC, stereo audio jack
- Battery: 1380 mAh Li-Ion, rechargeable/replaceable
- Size: 4.60in (L) x 2.40in (W) x 0.51in (H)
- Weight: 4.9 ounces
So now that you are drooling, you are probably wondering how much the Pharos Traveler 137 will set you back? For what you get, the Pharos is very reasonably priced at $599 and will be available through major retailers Q1 2009. Stay tuned for more!