I would have to say that 7.7mm is very thin, so it could be the world’s thinnest tablet. The new Toshiba tablet will be called the Excite X10 and it will be running Android with a 10.1” screen at a resolution of 1280×800 with 16:10 aspect ratio. It will be available in 16gb or 32gb capacities and will have a front facing 2mp camera and a 5mp camera on the back with an LED flash. Overall this tablet seems to have some decent specs so there could be hope for it. Pricing will start at $529.99 and will be out mid 1st quarter this year.
Smart Multicore Performance with Long Battery Life
Powered by the Texas Instruments OMAP™4430 mobile processor3, the Excite X10 delivers smart multicore processing power without draining battery life. The multicore design features two ARM Cortex™ A9 cores plus dual-channel memory for greater speed and efficiency, offering smooth web browsing and multi-tasking plus high definition video and entertainment.
Powered by the Latest Android™ Technology
The Excite X10 tablet is powered by the latest Android™ platform technology. Also included is a full suite of familiar Google™ Mobile Service applications, including the Android Market™, YouTube™, Gmail™, Google Maps™, Music, Videos, plus select third-party applications including Netflix™.
- Latest Android technology
- 10.1-inch diagonal LED Backlit widescreen Corning Gorilla Glass display with IPS technology and 10-finger multi-touch support
- 1280 x 800 resolution, 16:10 aspect ratio
- Texas Instruments OMAP 4430 processor; 1.2GHz with 1GB LPDDR2 RAM
- 16GB and 32GB configurations4
- 2 megapixel front-facing camera
- 5 megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash
- Micro USB, Micro HDMI ports
- Micro SD card slot
- Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n) and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
- Gyroscope, Accelerometer, GPS, eCompass and Ambient Light Sensor
- Stereo speakers with sound enhancements by Toshiba and SRS® Labs
- Built-in 25 watt-hour rechargeable lithium ion battery
- 10.1” (W) x 6.9” (D) x 0.3” (H)
- 1.18 pounds (535g)
Pricing and Availability
The Excite X10 tablet will be available in mid-Q1 2012 for a starting price of $529.99 MSRP5 for the 16GB model and $599.99 MSRP for the 32GB model at major U.S. retailers, e-tailers and ToshibaDirect.com.