AT&T has releases a small firmware update for the Android Samsung Galaxy S device they call the Captivate. This is not an operating system update but is supposed to address a few issues with QuickOffice that will allow users to edit various Microsoft Office Documents as well as improve your voice calling experience. This is a small 12MB FOTA (Firmware Over The Air) update that actually started yesterday and will hit 15K users a day until completed.
Head on over to AT&T for more information here:
- 09/21/2010 – Firmware Over the Air (FOTA) software update changing software version from I897UCJF6 to I897UCJH7. A 12MB download is being pushed to Samsung Captivate owners starting on 09/21/2010 and will continue Tuesday through Friday at 15K customers per day until complete. This is NOT an operating system update. This update includes the following software updates:
- Preinstalled software – QuickOffice for Android will allow users to edit various Microsoft Office documents.
- Messaging – Exchange 2003 support, MMS and other messaging enhancements.
- Voice – Improved calling experience.
- Media – media scanning time improvements.
This firmware update is not intended to resolve all device reset or freezing issues, which may be caused by:
- Corrupted files
- Device memory becoming filled and leaving insufficient room to run applications.
- Use of incompatible 3rd party applications on the Samsung Captivate.