iFishing is a fishing simulation game with almost 11m downloads to date so having it in the Windows phone Marketplace is welcomed. Here’s how they describe it:
Welcome to iFishing, the mobile fishing simulator by Rocking Pocket Games. This is THE MOST REALISTIC AND IN-DEPTH fishing game. This is not an arcade game like the other fishing games… it’s a fishing simulator written by an avid fisherman. This blows the other fishing games away in terms of realism and gameplay depth! In iFishing, location, lure, lure depth, jigging and your reeling speed makes a difference about what fish you catch. It is the only fishing game that lets you drive a boat around a lake and fish structures.
– 15 unlockable lakes with 3 difficulty levels will keep you playing for a long time
– Variety of lures with different actions (jigs, topwater, spinnerbait, divers)
– Many species of freshwater fish to catch (perch, black crappie, bluegill, smallmouth bass, largemouth bass, walleye, pike, carp, catfish, and musky)
– Use the phone’s accelerometer to cast, jig, aim your lure, and fight fish.
– Exciting fish fights while keeping the line tension in check, even see them jump!
– Use the fish finder and drive your boat to seek out the best places on the lake.
– Advanced fish AI, including schooling behavior, lure preferences, and hotspots based on structure such as dropoffs, weeds, lilypads, logs and rocks.
– Practice or Tournament modes
– See over 40 real life backdrops and different ambient sounds based on where you are in the lake.
– Trophy room to keep track of your biggest fish ever caught.
– Fishing guide gives you audible advice and encouragement!
While it has a few great reviews, a few people are noting issues with it starting. So you should give the trial a try first. If you like it, it’s available for $3.