Here’s what I’ve observed under Nadella’s watch, the new Microsoft CEO. Right now this is a rough draft, so if you people give me more material I’ll pop it into the article, please and thank you.
- Full-throttle on cloud-first, namely with Office, making it quasi-free and opening it up to all major platforms. Almost one and a half million more subscribers each quarter.
- Most recent quarterly revenue of the Surface almost a billion dollars, over 2x YOY.
- Sold 6% more Lumias (9.3 million) this year than last. Non-Lumia WP growth on par with the rest of the market.
- Xbox sales up 60%.
- Making Wall Street happy, beating earnings estimates, stock is up 33% in the trailing twelve months, highest in 14 years, respectable P/E reflecting optimism.
- Charm offensive with China (China has money and they hate Google).
- Real ladies’ man.