A couple popular and handy Windows Phone apps have gotten new updates recently. Updates always bring a smile to my face as it is a sign of continued support from the developers to improve the experience for the user.
AlphaJax (Updated: 02/28/13)
- Fixes a chat icon bug in which the new message icon stayed on after messages had been checked
- Alignment issue in the my stats page where positions were hidden is now corrected
- Some achievement glitches should now be fixed.
- Users can now opt out of random and/or skill match requests.
Angry Birds Star Wars (Updated: 02/23/13)
- Windows Phone 7/7.5 users can join in on the phone Windows Phone 8 users have already began to enjoy in the latest update.
- 40 new levels provided in this ‘Hoth’ update. It is notable that this is more than the iOS ‘Hoth’ update received. It is a sign that Rovio is trying to be more aggressive with the Windows Phone version.
HandyScan (Updated: 02/27/13)
- Fixed crash produced if phone regional settings using time as hh.mm.ss (Italy and others)
- Improved cropping selection responsiveness
- Fixed lower cropping handlers not accessible when using perspective correction
- Fixed crash when importing pictures on WP8
- Other fixes
All three apps are impressive in their own ways. HandyScan in particular is my go to app for scanning documents or items that I want to keep a digital record of. The ability to export any scan to PDF (paid version only) and email it or save it to the cloud makes it indispensable for me when I’m on the go.