Deer Hunter Challenge for iOS hit 2 million Downloads in 20 days
Hunting may not be everyone’s cup of tea but one thing is for sure, it is very popular at the App Store for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod! Deer Hunter Challenge by Glu Mobile Inc. has taken the Atari Classic and made it tremendous success with over 2 million downloads in 20 days. What is even better is that Deer Hunter Challenge is free!
Glu’s Latest Social Mobile Success Deer Hunter® Challenge Hits the Bullseye
Atari’s best-selling hunting game franchise reaches App Store success with Glu
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Glu Mobile Inc. (Nasdaq: GLUU), a leading global publisher of social games for smartphone and tablet devices, today announced that Deer Hunter Challenge has surpassed 2 million downloads in its first 20 days on the App Store. Glu’s Deer Hunter Challenge is based on Atari’s Deer Hunter franchise. Glu’s critically acclaimed Deer Hunter games have garnered world-wide recognition and received positive reviews from sites including IGN, Gizmodo and Pocket Gamer.
"With more than ten million downloads and counting, we are proud to work with Atari on making Deer Hunter the most authentic and best-selling hunting franchise on the App Store," said Giancarlo Mori, chief creative officer at Glu. "This title is a unique, free-to-play game in its genre, offering incredibly detailed 3D environments and very realistic animations."
"The Deer Hunter franchise continues to be one of our strongest brands," said Thom Kozik, executive VP, online & mobile, Atari, Inc. "By offering Deer Hunter Challenge as a free-to-play mobile game we’ve seen continued growth and brand visibility with an all new audience of gamers."
- On the Hunt- Discover and hunt animals in the unique environments of Alaska and Patagonia. As you progress through the game, new and even more breath-taking hunting locations will be made available.
- Get Geared Up– Customize your clothing, boots and gear as you explore new and challenging terrain in search of the world’s most exotic game.
- Exotic Game- Shoot axis deer, black and brown bear, blackbuck, cougars, moose, red deer, reindeer, and many others.
- Locked and Loaded ‘Your Way’- It’s a new challenge with a large variety of customizable weapons and accessories: bolt rifle, single shot rifle, lever rifle, shotgun, crossbow and handgun.
- Open Season- Deer Hunter Challenge will be heavily supported with updates allowing the gamer to extend their gaming experience through in-app purchases to add new hunting locations, weapons and gear. Additionally, gamers will be able to connect to online tournaments against competitors from all over the world.
Deer Hunter Challenge is available worldwide for free on the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore/.