Granny Smith is here on iOS and Android and no we’re not talking about apples but there are apple involved is the game. Granny Smith is a combination platformer and racer and the basic idea behind it is you are Granny Smith and you have to get her stolen apples back. I told you there was apples involved! See below for more info and screenshots..
Granny is a fast old lady, but players need just two simple buttons to send her careening over obstacles and sliding along wires with her trusty cane. Walls collapse and windows shatter as she blasts through them, showing off a robust physics engine that gamers should expect from the makers of the water-splashing puzzler Sprinkle. But even if things get messy after Granny zooms by, the game looks great thanks to artist Henrik Johansson’s vibrant, playful style. If Granny needs a boost, she can toss baseballs and bananas to slow down the apple-bandit and break through obstacles. Just be sure to collect enough coins along the way – and don’t faceplant after a big jump, or you’ll be left with an empty purse!
Mediocre just released a sizzling trailer for Granny Smith, which is viewable here. The game’s official website can be found at http://www.grannysmithgame.com.
Granny Smith features:
- Spectacular physics – Granny Smith uses some of the most advanced destruction physics in mobile games. Crash through crates and windows, then watch the pieces fly all over!
- Dazzling visuals – Zoom through dozens of vibrant, whimsical worlds! Each level is like a fanciful, three-dimensional storybook.
- Intuitive controls – Help Granny pull off crazy moves with simple two-button controls – perfect for both tablets and phones.
- Vintage replays – Watch your best runs in retro-movie style with cool camera angles and slow-motion effects!
- Power Granny up – Collect coins and equip Granny with a helmet, banana peels and baseballs. If Granny is getting old, you have two alternative characters to play with – Scruffy and Stanley!
Strap on your skates and download Granny Smith today for just $0.99 via the App Storeor Google Play. Visit TegraZone for more information on the Tegra enhanced version.