HTC ThunderBolt mops the floor with the HTC EVO 4G in Schmackdown!
Sprint has had a lot of success with the EVO 4G made by HTC which was the first carrier to bring us 4G goodness. Now we have all the other Us Carriers getting on board with AT&T , T-Mobile and Verizon. Verizon is getting ready to challenge the EVO 4G with their own 4G LTE device made by HTC called the ThunderBolt. The Thunderbolt by Big Red is a near clone of the EVO with the exception of a bit more memory, otherwise they share the same 1 GHz processor, camera, and screen size.
The real question of course is how these two will square off in performance. Well our buddies at Wirefly.com have the answer to that because pretty much, they got all the damn phones to test with. So because we really hadn’t cover the the ThunderBolt too much, I thought I would share some Schmackdown love with our readers with this video comparison.
I thought I would make you wait and watch the whole video but I can’t not write about it, so here is the spoiler, the ThunderBolt pretty much mopped the floor with the EVO 4G! In the Quadrant test, the ThunderBolt cranked out an impressive 1987 score where as the EVO 4G scored 1119. On the Smartbench 2010 test the Thunderbolt once again lad the Schmackdown on the EVO 4G with a prod. score of 1088 and a game score of 1512. The EVO scored a prod, score of 844 and a game score of 736.
Both are great devices worthy of having, but it is clear that the ThunderBolt has got some extra horsepower under the hood.
- Display: The HTC EVO 4G has a 4.3-inch LCD display, the same as the HTC ThunderBolt. Both screens have 480 x 800-pixel resolution and provide lots of space for an on-screen virtual keyboard.
- Operating system: The HTC EVO 4G and the ThunderBolt run Android 2.2, a fast and stable operating system.
- Processor and RAM: Both the HTC ThunderBolt and the HTC EVO 4G have 1GHz processors. The EVO 4G has 512MB of RAB, and the ThunderBolt will have 768MB of RAM.
- Keyboard: Both the HTC EVO 4G and the HTC ThunderBolt have on-screen virtual QWERTY keyboards. Neither has an actual physical keyboard.
- Storage Space: The HTC ThunderBolt is expected to ship with 8GB of on-board storage, while the HTC EVO 4G has 1GB of on-board storage. Both phones have microSD slots to accommodate memory cards up to 32GB.
- Camera: Both the HTC ThunderBolt and the HTC EVO 4G have 8-megapixel still-image cameras that can also record HD video at 720p. Both phones have front-facing cameras for video chat, both measuring 1.3-megapixels.
- Battery: The HTC ThunderBolt will have a 1,400 mAh battery. The capacity of the battery in the HTC EVO 4G is 1,500 mAh.
The fact that both processors run at 1 GHz does not mean that they are based on absolutely the same piece of silicon. And of course they are not. There have been several important improvements introduced in the 8655 over the 8650.
then of course there is the question of price plans…
Your “Key Differences” are almost identical. Why call it “Key Differences”? There’s no reasoning for that.
How can you label this “one phone mops up the other.” They are almost identical. Also don’t label something “Key differences” and then list a whole crap load of similarities. This article proved nothing I still feel that these two phones are practically the same thing. I agree with Dr. Steve on this one.