In case you missed it MSFT nerd spoke about the potential solution that MS has in store for Windows Phone 7 based on tips provided. The solution is essentially the solution shown in both the Kin and Courier. Oh and they are calling it ‘tuck and paste’ which I reserve comment on…Anyway:
Here’s the step-by-step process for copy/paste:
- To select items, you simply press-&-hold like you would now, and a cursor appears for text content.
- Once you’ve finished selecting, long-press somewhere on the selected text.
- The content now lifts up & floats on a plane above that of the rest of the content, which fades/blurs out a bit. (Steps 1 & 2 are combined for images)
- Without lifting your finger, you should drag the content up to the edge opposite the app-bar of the screen (as indicated by a “aurora of white/black color emanating from that edge). It gets attracted to that edge as you get closer, like a magnet & snaps to the edge when you release your finger.
- For text, WP7 encloses it in a box colored the same as your theme, with images simply thumbnailed. Corners of these boxes/images peek out of the top edge, while content exists in the clipboard. If you take your finger close to that edge, the content responds by tilt-shifting back into the depth a bit.
- If you long-press near the top, the content slips out further. Here you can now drag one piece down to wherever you want to paste it and release it.
You’d think between the last two failed devices they at least have this completed by now;) Anyway, I’m digging the idea – you?